Mixing tropheus

hph

I have a pair of kachese from a small colony of 6 in a mix tank of cobalts, peacocks. This pair breeds every couple of months and the female carries young till about 1cm and release. I'm thinking of getting a colony of illangis for the tank and was wondering if they will cross breed ?. The male is not aggressive at all towards the female, will the introduction of the illangis cause a change in behavoiur ?

Not a good idea cause unless you catch them in "the act" you`ll never know until the fry are old enough to identify. On the display side of things, the tank will look great :unsure

they will probably cross breed, most people keep at least 20 tropheus to stop aggression, to have a pair that breeds is a rare thing, dont mess with it. keep things as they are, if you want ilangis( and lets face it who wouldnt) get another tank for them

i bought a colony of 20 bemba redsall 30mm from a reliable breeder wen they all grew op i noticed 5 wre different colour i got my tang bible out and found i had 5 cherry spots the bembas allways bred never breeding with the cherry spots i was worried they mite so took out the cherry spots as soon as out the cherrys spawnd and dont stop spawning so it leaves me to beleive there is some way they no there own strain ,not saying crossing them is a good thing or trying to cross just telling you the way it was

cheers mike

Archived