Time to replace My sump pump. Which one?

Kartoon

Hi Guys

So i was looking at my old sump pump (a hand me down from another hobbyist) and realised that it is a 1500 LPH model. with 2 x 170l tanks and a 170l sump i am wanting to move up to a 2500-3500 LPH pump. Now is there any particular model that you guys might recommend? i know Ehiem are rock solid but my budget doesn't quite allow for that yet :) Any recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks

i personally either get top of the range or bottom dollar :p and because i'm a uni student at the moment i go bottom dollar

i'm running sunsun (or sensen?) pumps, you can get ~3000lph ones off ebay for around $50

you get what you pay for though

Laguna, eheim universal (not the compact range), Pentair QuietOne, AquaMedic and AquaBee are all quality pumps. Your budget will dictate which pump to purchase.

If I had the money I would buy Royal Exclusiv RD3 Speedy 4500lph, it runs at a mere 50w!! but it comes with a hefty price tag

Thanks for all the advice guys. At the moment funding is a little on the slim side so probably looking round the $100 mark. Ill check out the recommended models and see what falls within my price range. I have purchased from AOA and >>>>>> in the past are there any others i should be checking out?

Not to hijack your thread, but I'm also considering replacing my sump pump with a higher rated model. Has anyone had any experience with the jebao Eco range?

They are supposed to use very little wattage but I can't find anything on the performance curve I.e. flow rates at a given head.

Not to hijack your thread, but I'm also considering replacing my sump pump with a higher rated model. Has anyone had any experience with the jebao Eco range?

They are supposed to use very little wattage but I can't find anything on the performance curve I.e. flow rates at a given head.

Here is the information on their Eco Range

Model Watts Qmax.(1/h) Hmax.(1/h) Approved DimensionsLxWxH(mm)

ATP-3200 30 3200 2.5 CUL UL GS CE 350×310×145

ATP-4600 35 4600 2.6 CUL UL GS CE 350×310×145

ATP-6500 65 6500 3.5 CUL UL GS CE 350×310×145

ATP-8500 95 8500 4.2 CUL UL GS CE 350×310×145

ATP-10000 120 10000 4.5 CUL UL GS CE 350×310×145

ATP-13000 130 13000 5.0 CUL UL GS CE 380×340×160

ATP-16000 180 16000 5.5 CUL UL GS CE 380×340×160

ATP-18000 220 18000 6.0 CUL UL GS CE 380×340×160

Thanks Ged, I've found that before. What I'm looking for are the performance curves that come with most pumps i.e. head height 0, max flow = 5400 LPH, head height 1metre, max flow = 4000LPH, ect.

I've checked out the Rio 20HF, it looks like it might be perfect for what I need. Has anyone that has used one had any problems with them, particularly when using them at head heights of >1.5 metres?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Thanks so much for all the info. Funny thing I was going through my Garage trying to clean it out and came across an old resun king 4 apparently dose like 4050 LPH. Cleaned it up and pulled it apart and saw that the impeller is swollen and has cracked it plastic casing. I must have picked this up in a load of old fish stuff from a mate or something years ago. Tested the pump out in an outdoor drum and seem to work fine. My question is will it leach contaminants into the water and if so where can i get a replacement impeller? And mods please let me know if I should have started a new thread for this.

Nice find.

Age of Aquariums stock Resun so should be able to get the spare parts that you require. I would also try the guys at Tank Aquariums a call. Both are sponsors of the forum and links can be found at the top of the page.

Archived