New Hobby?

CThompson

Bought some spheres for the wife at Christmas, the next thing I know I'm buying them for us, then for me..

This is a view of both display shelves, the others below are just closer up shots of the above. They are all natural stones; none are coloured, just made round and smooth.

What do you think?

This is a view of both display shelves, the others below are just closer up shots of the above. They are all natural stones; none are coloured, just made round and smooth.

What do you think?

I am not sure if you noticed Craig, but they are coloured.

On the other hand its a nice thing to display and share your balls with the world.

Great collection since you only started at Christmas! I used to love seeing these things at gem shows but never made any or collected them, with all my fossils I had no place to put them anyways. Love how your displaying them

Pros: No feeding No water changes No aggression No deaths No HUGE electricity bills.

Cons: No breeding No fry No entertainment No meeting other fishkeepers No fish auctions.

What do you think?

I am not sure if you noticed Craig, but they are coloured.

On the other hand its a nice thing to display and share your balls with the world.

Geezzz... another gonad comment... :thumb:roll:cryblow:

Great collection since you only started at Christmas! I used to love seeing these things at gem shows but never made any or collected them, with all my fossils I had no place to put them anyways. Love how your displaying them

That explains your avatar then eh. I have been really tempted to get some fish fossils myself, but seemed to be hooked on spheres (notice guys S P H E R E S!), as I bought the first few for my wife as mentioned, the spheres came just ahead of my discovery on eBay of fish fossils. And yes, I bought a lots since Christmas. EBay is a great new discovery, so many things I never new were out there nor that I wanted – and they're posted to my door. Have you discovered;

a search engine for eBay, which really speeds things up. Check this link out;

Be warned though, you might hate me for it.

But sadly, my renos are curbing my "want" purchases to "need" only. But I still have one sphere to arrive. I'll put some shots up below.

They are behind a leadlight door cabinet, with their own LED to illuminate them (read keep them warm till they hatch). I built the tiered stands out of left over 4x2s from my extensions, and into the bottom ones I burred out some little hollows for the spheres to sit and not roll off.

Now, if marinlife is correct, once they hatch, the fish'll be pretty ;)

Pros: No feeding No water changes No aggression No deaths No HUGE electricity bills.

Cons: No breeding No fry No entertainment No meeting other fishkeepers No fish auctions.

Your "Cons" are all work too :blink Especially the last one :toohard: .

But one great con, is that if I ignor them, ther buggers don't die on me. And the electicity bills...lets not go there.

It takes some balls to admit that you are buying them for your wife but it takes some enormous balls to admit that you are buying them for yourself. :lol3:

I am a sphereholic and it has been seven days since my last purchase.

Ged

Its just like keeping fronnies, but much nicer to look at. You also keep them for years, they never breed and then you move them on!

Its just like keeping fronnies, but much nicer to look at. You also keep them for years, they never breed and then you move them on!

Gosh Josh :shock: A stand up fish commedian :clap , well said :thumb

I've got a mate that's got stacks of fronties he want to sell, if anyone wants some, so they must move sometimes. Maybe yours Josh were Monty Python parots fronties :yes:

Gosh Josh :shock: A stand up fish commedian :clap , well said :thumb

I've got a mate that's got stacks of fronties he want to sell, if anyone wants some, so they must move sometimes. Maybe yours Josh were Monty Python parots fronties :yes:

amazing minerals!!! thats just nuts,do you wax and polish them?? :lol3::lol3:

I keep a vast variety of crystals. And collect certain types in pyramid shapes.

At last an understanding individual :lol1:

Hi, my name's Craig, and it's been nearly a week since my last sphere

Actually, nearly bought one (just a little one) on eBay tonight but managed to talk myself out of it, and I am just Watching it (does that count?).

Didn't realise you could buy marbles on eBay :p

:lol2:

I used to have a sweet marble collection when I was a youngster..

Blue moons and oxbloods ect.

Archived