The Aquarium Hobbyist Photo Comp

Ged

Voting Now  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Theme - "Cichlid - Full Tank Shot"

Voting will close on Saturday 30th April 6:00pm (Forum Clock)

firthy13

IPB Image

shon982

IPB Image

chrisso81

IPB Image

malawi sand diver

IPB Image

dogboy

IPB Image

GRK-351

IPB Image

Ducksta

IPB Image

shawn87

IPB Image

fishkid951

IPB Image

outofafrica

IPB Image

Why arnt everyone's photo entry there? I entered myself and my photo doesnt appear - maybe i didnt understand the rules or didnt qualify but it would be nice to know.

Only the top ten make it through i was gonna vote for lepperfish but im shocked hes not in there so chriss will have to get my vote

Why arnt everyone's photo entry there? I entered myself and my photo doesnt appear - maybe i didnt understand the rules or didnt qualify but it would be nice to know.

Only the top ten make it through i was gonna vote for lepperfish but im shocked hes not in there so chriss will have to get my vote

Awe shux... :dntknw:

I can't say I know for sure why a photo wasn't selected, but did you qualify under the conditions of entry? ie. Have you ever won a photo comp here or been paid for a picture previously? My first reaction to your photo was that the watermark was the name of a photography company?

In other news, I just realised that my filter intake had pulled away from the glass before I took my picture. I honestly didn't notice for days after :lol4:

I may have missed it, but are we voting on the quality of the tank or the quality of the photo?

It is a bit of both. It is how well the photo fits the theme

The photo could be planted tank with apisto's clearly visible or could be solid rock wall with some Africans. Photos MUST be a "Full Tank Shot" & have a cichlid / cichlids clearly visible.

and how well it has been taken.

I may have missed it, but are we voting on the quality of the tank or the quality of the photo?

The Aquarium Hobbyist Photo Comp is designed to encourage the home hobbyist to show & share their fish, tanks and photo skills. Though all photo's are welcome and noting many top photographers here @ ACE...

With this comp we wish to focus & encourage amateur photographers and will have some rules to reflect this.

The photo could be planted tank with apisto's clearly visible or could be solid rock wall with some Africans. Photos MUST be a "Full Tank Shot" & have a cichlid / cichlids clearly visible.

Quoted from HERE.

The comp intention was to get amateur photographers to share their tanks.

Its open to wide interpretation and a personal choice.

Your choice could be a very pleasing landscape / fish combo & nice quality pic or it could be a great quality photo with a less pleasing tank layout.... or could be a choice of anything else that please's your eye... hence...

Some very good entries did not make the Top 10.

Shows that the ACE Team's personal preferences are as broad as the entries were.

Hmm ... I still havnt voted yet.... it is also a hard choice for me for all the above reasons and many others.

Oww... and may I offer the best of luck to all our Top 10.

Cheers

Joe

*edit* lols... thanks Ged, had a phone call in middle of composing my reply.

I can't say I know for sure why a photo wasn't selected, but did you qualify under the conditions of entry? ie. Have you ever won a photo comp here or been paid for a picture previously? My first reaction to your photo was that the watermark was the name of a photography company?

I did win a comp on here once. The watermark is just a personal thing.

Archived