8x3x2.5

Alex

G'day

Firstly, excuse my poor camera work. The tank is in a room with lots of windows. The natural sunlight looks great on the fish but makes for difficult photography during the day.

Tank is 8x3x2.5 (LxWxH). About 80kg of 00 grade aragonite as substrate. Have kept the rock work fairly minimal to maximise swimming space, as most of the inhabitants are "Haps". Changed the aquascape since my last full tank shot so I'll need to grab another one tonight.

Filtration consists of two large Eheim cannisters. Can't remember what model they are at the minute. Also have a Fluval fx5 and an internal powerhead for a bit of added water movement. Filters are filled with assorted sized sponges/koi matting, purigen, matrix carbon and some bioballs.

Stock list -

Buccochromis nototaenia -4X

Champsochromis spilorhynchus- 2X

Cyrtocara moorii - 3X

Copadichromis borleyi - 8X

Fossochromis rostratus - 3X

Dimidochromis compressiceps -8X

Nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus -5X

Nimbochromis venustsus - 4X

Placidochromis phenochilus “mdoka white lip” - 2X

Chilotilapia rhoadesii – 5X

Lethrinops sp “Red Capuz” – 4X

Labidochromis caeruleus -7X

Cynotilapia sp “lion’s cove” – 3X

Pseudotropheus elongates “chewere” – 3X

Pseudotropheus lombardoi – 5X

Bristle nosed catfish – 3X

Few pics -

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Alex

G'day Alex

Nice selection of fish. I expecially like the argonite substrate aswell, I bet the dolphins and rostratus like it too :thumb

Regards, Rob

Cheers mate. Yeah the aragonite looks great. I've positioned the water current so most of the fish crap builds up in two areas of the tank, as you can see in some of the pics. Makes for ease of cleaning. Yeah the fish love it. In the morning especially when i turn the lights on there are thousands of tiny craters from where all the fish have been sifting.

Very nice! Plenty of room for the fish and it looks great. A few on your list I'm not familiar with so will keep me off the streets googling for a while :-)

Glad my tank is doing its bit to keep the streets 'clean' :thumbup:

Full tank shot possible? Great selection of fish in there!

Will get a full tank shot one night soon. Difficult during the day due to glare from all the natural sunlight. Makes the fish look great but makes for terrible photography.

Wow, great selection +1 for the full tank shot.

I'm going to reserve my comment till the full tank shots come in.

I'm afraid we are going to have to accept the comment about not making a comment as comment :lol3:

You simply can't start up a thread in the Photography section entitled "8x3x3.5, malawi tank", and not put in a photo or two that shows a 8x3x3.5 :no: .

To my knowledge this tank may only be a two footer very cleverly photographed with sneaky trick photography :yes: .

This thread could be a horrendous scam, a con a fake!!!!! :shock:

I mean, how can we all tell we are not being duped by a clever fiend who finds strange and macabre satisfaction by being a fibster :blink

I'm afraid we are going to have to accept the comment about not making a comment as comment :lol3:

You simply can't start up a thread in the Photography section entitled "8x3x3.5, malawi tank", and not put in a photo or two that shows a 8x3x3.5 :no: .

To my knowledge this tank may only be a two footer very cleverly photographed with sneaky trick photography :yes: .

This thread could be a horrendous scam, a con a fake!!!!! :shock:

I mean, how can we all tell we are not being duped by a clever fiend who finds strange and macabre satisfaction by being a fibster :blink

Not really too sure about what your 'original comment' was.

I made a mistake when writing the title. The tank is 8x3x2.5. I wrote it incorrectly in the title, correctly in the actual post. Sorry for the confusion.

IPB Image

This is the tank a few weeks ago. I have since changed it, because I wasn't overly happy with it. I'll grab an update tomorrow night.

IPB Image

The same tank about 5 or 6 years ago set up for malawis. I like the rockwork a bit better last time the tank had malawis. Although their were far less fish and mostly mbuna.

This thread could be a horrendous scam, a con a fake!!!!!

I mean, how can we all tell we are not being duped by a clever fiend who finds strange and macabre satisfaction by being a fibster

Not really too sure about what your 'original comment' was.

I made a mistake when writing the title. The tank is 8x3x2.5. I wrote it incorrectly in the title, correctly in the actual post. Sorry for the confusion.

IPB Image

This is the tank a few weeks ago. I have since changed it, because I wasn't overly happy with it. I'll grab an update tomorrow night.

IPB Image

The same tank about 5 or 6 years ago set up for malawis. I like the rockwork a bit better last time the tank had malawis. Although their were far less fish and mostly mbuna.

The tank is not 3'5" high :huh:

Really :blink

Oops :lol5:

In that case :coolpics:

Archived