Vivid: Sydney Opera House

D6C1

Cutting the Opera house and Harbour bridge of each end of the image is bad imo.

The trees above the image are distracting. If you wanted to save this image perhaps a panoramic crop would do it?

The trees above the image are distracting. If you wanted to save this image perhaps a panoramic crop would do it?

WOW I like your pics position perfect but yes lepperfish has a point

what are you using D6C1 cause i like it!

Course was fairly basic discussing iso, aperture etc but explaining how it affects the pics and how to play around a bit with it for different effects. No longer using auto features, all done manual now and mine have improved a lot. Also topics such as composing a shot, lighting and flash (no go for me and the tanks!).

Totally agree. First time I go out and do night photography. I think i may have some where the bridge and opera house are not cropped. I didnt have a tripod and rest the camera on the ledge coz some guy was taking pics on the side..

I'm also trying to apply the rule of thirds from now on :)

Thank you all for your feedback!! Heres another.. (all photos are unedited)

IPB Image

WOW I like your pics position perfect but yes lepperfish has a point

what are you using D6C1 cause i like it!

canon 7d 24-70 F2.8L lens

I personally didn't mind the cropping, artistic license as the say, and good or bad can be very subjective. As for the tree, normally such a composure will add depth to a shot, perhaps with the rule of 1/3s mentioned above, MORE tree needed to be in the shot to bring ballance. Of course, no tree would be fine as well. Nice shots either way.

Craig

Archived