My 10 ft tank

Citypainter

Photos are practically impossible for me to acheive with this tank.

So I took a 3 minute video

I have never done this before with video so I hope it works.

I have had no luck adding a direct link.

If you are keen you can cut and paste this into your browser.

You won't be disappointed

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v624/Cit...18movie0009.flv

Let me know if you can see it.

IPB Image

To add the video directly from Photobucket you just need to click on "Share - Post To Website" (top left hand corner of video) and select copy the link from the "IMG for bulletin boards & forums" (Clickable thumbnail)

Looks great! One small idea though, I would look at putting some rock cover in there for the smaller americans. I think they may disappear as the centrals grow!

Andrea :)

I've seen this tank.. Its awesome!

HI D6C1

I sold the house at East Hills and the tank stayed as it was built in to the wall.

It was 7ft 6

This is 10ft

I now live in a new house.

I bought the tank a year ago off "Hussy" in the classifieds here.

I stored it and set it up about 3 months ago.

I wanted to go American but not aggressive species so I researched for months and came up with a list of fish that now reside in this tank.

Looks great! One small idea though, I would look at putting some rock cover in there for the smaller americans. I think they may disappear as the centrals grow!

Hi Andrea.

I love to get feedback so thanks.

Are you referring to the Salvini?

I think I see some little Zonatus ? , what are the other Viejas in there ?, ps looks good

Hi Pat.

Yes there are 5 Zonatus in there.

There are no other Viejas in there at all.

I don't like to mix the Vieja species

I think I see some little Zonatus ? , what are the other Viejas in there ?, ps looks good

Hi Pat.

Yes there are 5 Zonatus in there.

There are no other Viejas in there at all.

I don't like to mix the Vieja species

Looks beautuiful would you be able to take a full tank photo of it or full tank video of it :thumb

No the salvini can take of itself! I thought I caught a quick glance of a dwarf?

i Andrea.

You might have seen a small green terror.

It's a bit of a runt.

Apart from that there are only small fish that grow big

1 Petrcola, 1 Eupterous, 1 Plecostamus

8 Pearsei, 5 Zonatum, 4 Bocourti, 1 Oscar, 1 Chocalate, 3 Rivulatus, 10 Black Spotted Barbs, 2 Gold Severums, 1 Green Severum, 4 Salvini

1 rusty and 1 other African that I cannot remember its name right now..

And 1 black widow. Thats right, he thinks hes a barb :thumbup:

Beautiful tank. Are there any problems with green terrors and severums? I ask because a mate of mine has 2 juvies of each and the male GT attacked the severums (one to death if i remember correctly) so he moved the remaining sev to another tank

Beautiful tank. Are there any problems with green terrors and severums? I ask because a mate of mine has 2 juvies of each and the male GT attacked the severums (one to death if i remember correctly) so he moved the remaining sev to another tank

Hi Ant265.

At the moment and since the GT's have been in the tank the Gold Severums are dominant to every thing in the tank except the Synodontis Eupterus.

They work as a pair and the GT does not try it on.

Obviously this could change at any time. The tank is quite busy and the main worry for me is the Zonatum showing aggression as they get bigger.

I know the Pearsei can handle anything that the GT can throw up and the Bocurti are already a bit scared of the large GT.

The pecking order was very quickly established.

Hi Craig.

I am glad you took a look.

Cheers

Dave

Archived