more Geo shots

Planted

well after having a bit of a scare in the tank last week with what i thought might have been fish MB and having to cull one of my best looking male Geo's

it's looking like it wasn't what i thought "phew"

i also ran out of Co2 in the tank and now the geo's are looking better than ever, so won't be running Co2 in the tank anymore as they seem much happier without it

also finally getting the hang of taking pics with the DSLR without the flash a bit better now too and getting better "more natural" results i think.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Absolutley stunning mate, it's your geos that have made me change from Africans to Americans once I move. Would love to hear how you keep them looking so good, like lighting, water chemistry etc.

More great shots Planted! Not only do I blame you and a couple of others for making me set up a new SA tank but now I'm booked in for a course in using my dslr properly. Got to love the hobbies that let you combine some of your loves :-). The new tank is set up and the fish transfered so I'll see about gettign a shot or two posted, still a bit cloudy but want to share.

Cheers guys :thumb

you won't be sorry getting geo's, there a great fish imo and not a real hard fish too keep either.

iv'e kept quite a few different fish through out the years, but very addicted to geo's atm :)

they have a great personality and look great too. i like how they look a bit like a snapper.

and love seeing them sift through the gravel.

as for my water params, i'm keeping them at pH 7 water is pretty hard here though, but they don't seem to mind too much. kH around 3-4. havn't done any tests for quite a while though, will have to do some to see where i'm at now IE: gH and nitrates ?

i do a weekly water change of approx 40% in all my tanks using aged/airated/heated water and add geo liquid to the aging barrel

have you thought about using geo liquid to clear your tank Priscacara ? it gives me crystal clear water and really glad i started using it a while ago now.

i would love to do a course on DSLR's too, but it's finding the time :( i have learnt quite a bit from here though :

http://www.ausphotography.net.au

Planted you sound like a true Sth Australian and know where the best and biggest Snapper are

in Oz :p .... (Mumbling as he turns away) you lucky lucky bastard <_<

the fish are looking great and a nice mix of boys and girls by the pics

Chris

Hey Chris

unfortunitely not :p

i have caught a few bigger snapps quite a few years ago now, but they were from freinds taking me out to "their" spots

iv'e more or less given up the fishing scene here in S.A. now, as after living in Darwin for 7 years the fishing just doesn't compare here.

i used to be mad keen though and make fishing rods etc etc, but for the last few years aquariums are my big hobby and take up most of my free time :dntknw:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cooder :thumb

not using the Co2 anymore so the bottles going back and going to sell the pH controller/diffuser etc.

also going to take the pots out and replace them with some large rocks, when i get the time...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Great spot for the tank for viewing, I thought you had a black background but guess it was just the lights out in the room , I'm learning new tricks all the time!

Archived