Standard 2ft tank underneath a 4x2x2 cabinet

mdk54

G'day Guys,

Just thinking today where I could sqeeze another tank in... :p Basically I got a couple of Multi's on the weekend that I have put in a 30L aquarium on my desk at work. This is my first time keeping any sort of shell dwellers and I must say that I am really impressed! I can't stop watching them! :D

So... I'm thinking... "Gee I'd like to have them in a little bit bigger aquarium at home so I can watch them more!". But catch is, I have nowhere to put another tank. I then had a thought pop into my head (Doesn't happen very often) Could I perhaps put a 2ft tank underneath my African 4x2x2 in the cabinet? Power is already down there, so would really just be a matter of clearing some of the junk out of there and setting it up with a heater, HOB filter and maybe a light. What are peoples thoughts on this? I know heaps of people have sumps underneath their cabinets (I have an FX5) so I can't see that it would be too much of an issue. The only other thing is, when I bought the tank and cabinet at the start of the year, I sealed the back of the cabinet with a sheet of marine ply. Would there be any issues with condensation inside the cabinet having another aquarium down there? Would leaving the door cracked (Slighty open) prevent this?

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

hiding them in the bottom of a cabinet is not going to let you watch them all the time ... :(

I have a 42cmx30cmx25cm tank on the kitchen bench, im always happy to see the other not so fish loving members of my family just watching the fish, with little smiles on their faces.

Condensation would be an issue - however a few computor fans would sort that out very quick. I agree with Felicity though, hiding a tank in a cabinent will quickly see the tank be neglected. Not necessarily maintanance wise but having to crawl on your belly to admire the fish would be a pain in the backside. I'd rather keep them at work!

Archived