Noddy's planted tank

Noddy65

Hi all

Well the tank has been setup for a few weeks now...heres some random pics...things seem to be growing ok

Front shot

IPB Image

Yep...this is Blyxa

IPB Image

Probably my fav plant of all time...Im glad Ive got it back. An Aus native as well

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and ths seedlings all in a row. Theres at least two different species popping up in the tank

IPB Image

Amazing Mike, expect a lot of questions in the future when I have a spare tank around here.

Really nice looking and some good shots to boot.

Im glad Ive got it back

What's the story behind that comment?

Is that as tall as it grows?

and ths seedlings all in a row. Theres at least two different species popping up in the tank

Please explain. They are self seeding?

Yep...CO2 and metal halides

With all those bunch plants I hope you like pruning :thumb:shock:

Hi Craig....the tank is coming along nicely

Mike

ps....the caps and bold is so you can more easily read my replies...Im not angry :)

Really nice looking and some good shots to boot.

Im glad Ive got it back

I HAD THE PLANT MANY YEARS AGO AND GAVE IT AWAY TO FRIENDS, ITS BEEN DIFFICULT TO FIND AS ITS NOT COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE. I FINALLY FOUND SOMEONE WHO COULD GIVE ME A FEW STRANDS AND AWAY IT WENT....ITS A BEUATIFUL NATIVE, IT SHOULD BE MORE POPULAR THAN IT IS, BUT LIKE MANY THINGS WE LOOK OVERSEAS FIRST

YEP.....THATS IT

Please explain. They are self seeding?

YEP...I USED THE SUBSTRATE IN A PREVIOUS TANK....I GREW MANY OF THE PLANTS EMERSED AS WELL AS SUBMERGED SO MANY OF THEM FLOWERED.....THE SUBSTRATE WAS SITTING IN BUCKETS FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS....NOW ALL THESE SEEDLING HAVE POPPED UP...ILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THEY GET BIGGER BUT ONE TYPE AT LEAST IS AMMANIA GRACILIS

Yep...CO2 and metal halides

With all those bunch plants I hope you like pruning :thumb:shock:

I HAD THE PLANT MANY YEARS AGO AND GAVE IT AWAY TO FRIENDS, ITS BEEN DIFFICULT TO FIND AS ITS NOT COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE. I FINALLY FOUND SOMEONE WHO COULD GIVE ME A FEW STRANDS AND AWAY IT WENT....ITS A BEUATIFUL NATIVE, IT SHOULD BE MORE POPULAR THAN IT IS, BUT LIKE MANY THINGS WE LOOK OVERSEAS FIRST

YEP.....THATS IT

I assume it is NOT a low nutrient requirement plant, judging from the colour of the leaves?

YEP.....THATS IT

I assume it is NOT a low nutrient requirement plant, judging from the colour of the leaves?

Hmmm...it doesnt have particularly high nutrient demands but it does grow MUCH better under good light and fertilisation.....I have had it growing under no added nutrients (all nutrients were from the soil) and lowish light...it didnt grow as well but it did grow

Mike :)

Update...some new plants have been added...Im really impressed with the up aqua atomiser thingy...Ive NEVER had plants pearl as much

Proserplinaca palustris

IPB Image

Rotala mexicana green

IPB Image

Rotala sp mini type 1

IPB Image

Rotalla occultiflora (at the back)

IPB Image

Moss...damn bubbles...I can hardly see the plant

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and a new Val from Dave at Aquagreen...I think its from Nth WA...its a really nice plant...those leaves are only a few mm thick

IPB Image

Mike :D

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Craig

The UpAqua atomizer is a newish CO2 dissolver...its inline (on the canister filter outlet) and does a really really good job of breaking the CO2 down into very tiny bubbles which are then spread throughout the tank...some poeple say that its better to have smaller bubbles coming in direct contact with the plants rather than trying to dissolve the CO2 completly in the water...Im not sure whcih works best but I do know the atomiser is the BEST method of CO2 distribution Ive ever used (and Ive used many different systems)

Mike

Heres a link...I cant find one thats not on another forum so if this causes an issue just delete the link thanks mods

http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php?t=13559

• 7 months later...

Any updates on this nod?

Hi Kev

Its been badly neglected since the birth of the child (excuses, excuses I here people say)

Ill probably strip it down and close it down soon i think

Mike

I've got two kids and around 4000 (?) litres of water to look after in various tanks. I see no reason I can't have both :yes::thumb

Ive got one child, around 5000 litres, work 12 hrs a day, a dog, a cat, a bird, and a WIFE that takes up WAY too much time....I cant get rid of any of those things unfortunately :B

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I've got two kids and around 4000 (?) litres of water to look after in various tanks. I see no reason I can't have both :yes::thumb

Ive got one child, around 5000 litres, work 12 hrs a day, a dog, a cat, a bird, and a WIFE that takes up WAY too much time....I cant get rid of any of those things unfortunately :B

Mike

I think I just got trumped ;) mind you, I've got a dog too, but you work far too many hours and am happy to be bested here.

Wait! Is that 5000 litres in fish TANKS or are you sneaking a few thousand in with a pond? :)

Mike

I think I just got trumped ;) mind you, I've got a dog too, but you work far too many hours and am happy to be bested here.

Wait! Is that 5000 litres in fish TANKS or are you sneaking a few thousand in with a pond? :)

Yep...thats around 5000 litres in tanks (or there abouts, I havent worked it out exactly)

Mike

Archived