My fish

benfarrow

Hi all just got a new camera and thought I’d give it a go with my fish! Here are a few shots of the more time consumers. Feedback would be great!

IPB Image

Eretmodus Cyanostictus Kasanga & C. Furcifer Mbete

IPB Image

IPB Image

Community Display

IPB Image

Pseudotropheus Polit

IPB Image

Cynotilapia Afra Cobwe

IPB Image

WC Blue Reef Namansi Frontosa

IPB Image

IPB Image

WC Lethrinops Red Cap

IPB Image

WC Msobo & WC Demasoni

IPB Image

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. More pics coming soon!

The camera is an Canon EOS 450D and I used a HQ Polarised filter to reduce reflection & glare.

Yes Mooks, I am very luck to have them. My friend who I got them off has been in the aquarium indusrty for coming 40 years now, so has alot of contacts, however they do unfortunately come at a hefty price ;)

I started with 24 Demasoni now only 13 :( They're responsible for around 500 or so F1's.

The Msobo's are wild too, but they are much more interested in food, than each other! :)

The Demasoni have been out of the lake for a couple of years now, but they are still timid and hard to get a good shot. The msobos on the other hand were scared for the first 6 months or so now they will ignore the camera flash if it means there is the possiblty of a feed!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great photos of beautiful fish! The intense blue makes the Electric Yellows look ordinary, still they're awesome as well.

I guess the only critiscm would be that you'd forgotten to scrape the front glass of algae before the shots were taken. I can see the algae in one shot.

Great photos of beautiful fish! The intense blue makes the Electric Yellows look ordinary, still they're awesome as well.

I guess the only critiscm would be that you'd forgotten to scrape the front glass of algae before the shots were taken. I can see the algae in one shot.

Thanks, no I love algae, and so do the fish! But the real reason is this was one of the first tanks I have ever bought and is a very low quality which means it gets algae on it that is near impossible to remove!

Thanks for the feedback.

:blink

Nice tank and fish.

I wanted to get a few Eretmodus Cyanostictus, where did you get them from? (Does anyone breed them on the forum?) And what price did you pay?

The Cyanostictus are a great little fish, these guys are german f1 from bayfish(i think) and i paid about $50 a fish(i think)

What do you feed your fish? The colours are nice and deep :thumb

Everything! NLS, white worms, earth worms, maggots, micro worms, live baby and adult brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, sera flora flake, and a bit of shrimp and pea mix. I think the painted black glass also enhances their colours. But I think it gets down to quality of fish. They also get cichlid trace every week.

thanks

What do you feed your fish? The colours are nice and deep :thumb

Everything! NLS, white worms, earth worms, maggots, micro worms, live baby and adult brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, sera flora flake, and a bit of shrimp and pea mix. I think the painted black glass also enhances their colours. But I think it gets down to quality of fish. They also get cichlid trace every week.

thanks

well done thanks for sharing

do you have a roster ie every second day (maggots) then again in two day but (shrimp) but everyday nls ?

• 4 weeks later...

hi

any more shots of your furcifer. love to see how they come up, still look a bit young but should put on quite

a show even at that size. those gobies look tops.

cheers

Yeah these guys are young German f1's, the largest is around 12cm colours just starting to come through now so I will post a few more photos soon.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

So I finally got around to taking a few more photos.

Wild caught Oreochromis Tanganicae, believe me the photos do not do them justice. When growing them together from a small size they have the most beautiful nature. Fry available $75 at 3cm

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wild caught Ophthalmotilapia boops, started with 7 but they fighting has seen this number drop from 2 boys 5 girls down to 1 boy 1 girl, the remaining boy just doesnt wanna colour up, at least not like the boy he killed.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wild caught Ctenochromis horei, these guys are just on 5cm and are starting to show beautiful colours though i couldn’t catch it on camera.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

F1 Xenotilapia spilopterus,

IPB Image

IPB Image

F1 Meeli - "after a year or so and several spawns with my partner I decided to kill her so I would love another mate, because I have high standards I’m only interested in f1 in the south east qld."

IPB Image

F1 Leleupi,

IPB Image

Wild caught Fasciatus

IPB Image

My young F1 7 bar colony,

IPB Image

My young F1 Mpimbwe colony,

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image