shipping

prince

hey guys

Just a question regarding shipping fish.

I know you have to fill up 1/4 water and use o2 gas etc.

The buyer lives around 10 hours away, which company should i use to ship them? Australian air express?

Thanks

Hi,

you only need to put in enough water to cover them, there is no hard rule saying 1/4 water. The less water, the lighter it will be and cheaper it will be.

I would use AAE for once off shipping as Virgin (Toll Freight) have a lot of packaging rules and regulations, they also inspect all packages. AAE you just turn up and send, no inspection etc. Don't forget your ID with AAE as they don't let you in without it, I forgot once and had to go all the way home to get it... :zipit: not happy.

HTh

Grant

As Grant said, the less water you use the better. Your fish will die from a lack of oxygen long before the ammonia in the water will do them much harm. Feed lightly in the days leading up to the move, it helps reduce the waste in the water when they get there. Also if the fish are going 10 hours im guessing they are going to Perth? If they are make sure there is no plant matter or gravel in the bags, they are really tight on it over there and lots of people have had fish sent back or destroyed because of it. HTH

Cheers Andy

Hi,

you only need to put in enough water to cover them, there is no hard rule saying 1/4 water. The less water, the lighter it will be and cheaper it will be.

I would use AAE for once off shipping as Virgin (Toll Freight) have a lot of packaging rules and regulations, they also inspect all packages. AAE you just turn up and send, no inspection etc. Don't forget your ID with AAE as they don't let you in without it, I forgot once and had to go all the way home to get it... :zipit: not happy.

HTh

Grant

What if i don't have ID with AAE?

Where abouts are AAE in sydney?

What if i don't have ID with AAE?

grant means you need a drivers license or equivalent

Where abouts are AAE in sydney?

the sydney domestic airport on the cbd side or the way out if you know what i mean

on the way out, is there a sign there?

Archived