Lunar Path

Lepperfish

.... or a DSLR that will do it automatically :lol2:

I'm keen to try some time lapse with mine. Now, to find somewhere quiet to sit my camera for 5 hours....

...yeah right <_<

I love the Lunar Path photo and find my eyes are captivated by the third one.

Thanks. You mean the 3rd photo or the 3rd moon in the path? Lol....

:p

I did mean the third photo but now you mention it the third moon does stand out :lol3:

Have you tried to do star trails?

My camera has a time lapse function that you can set to take up to 99 photos at an interval of between 1 second and 24 hours apart. Yours should have something similar?

Very dedicated shooting either way ;)

I love the Lunar Path photo and find my eyes are captivated by the third one.

Thanks. You mean the 3rd photo or the 3rd moon in the path? Lol....

:p

I did mean the third photo but now you mention it the third moon does stand out :lol3:

Have you tried to do star trails?

Nah, haven't tried star trails... Haven't really been interested in trying it... :no:

My camera has a time lapse function that you can set to take up to 99 photos at an interval of between 1 second and 24 hours apart. Yours should have something similar?

Very dedicated shooting either way ;)

I don't think the 40D has that function ViS.... I know there is a shutter cable release with that function though.. :yes:

The pentax K20D 14.6MP.

Mainly because it's the first Pentax to use the CMOS sensor and the lenses available for it are amazing quality (and cheap!) :)

Having the IS in body allows you to use any pentax lens ever made, and they've made some awesome lenses in their time.

IS and VR or whatever else other companies like to call it, isn't all the same quality in my opinion even within the same manufacturers.

I've owned 2 IS lenses from canon, the 17-85 IS and now I own the 70-200 2.8L IS.. Basically the IS in the 17-85 was rubbish, didn't even really notice it, whereas the the 70-200 2.8L IS image stablization is AMAZING. You can literally see the frame stablize!! Quite incredible really. So these companies that provide stablization from the body itself i'd like to see it in action. I somehow think it wouldn't be anywhere near the quality of a $3000 canon image stablization lens. :dntknw:

Lepper, what do you think of the 17-55 2.8 IS? worth it?

I don't know man, What do you want to do with it? You going to be sticking to APS-C sized sensor bodies where only the EF-S lenses will work? Maybe the EF 24-70 f/2.8L might be better? For that kind of money ($1500) plus i'd definetley be looking at L series glass.. :thumb Or a cheaper option could be the EF-S 17-85 IS lens which can be had for around $600-$700.. Although I have heard that the 17-55 you mentioned is a decent lens, but I have no experience with it..

Maybe you could PM Lee Miller, he seems to be on the ball with lenses and comparisons.. :dntknw:

Archived