Angels Breeding

snoffncountry

Hi All,

Went to do the fish tank rounds this morning and when I turned the light on my angel fish tank I noticed they had laid eggs over night for the first time but within a minute they pair ate all their eggs. Question is should I have turned the light on at all or is this normal behaviour for first time spawns and would it be a good idea to remove the pair and put them in their own tank. I also have a pair of blue and a pair of gold rams in the tank and also my peppermint cats. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

They can take a few times to get it right. They maybe eating them if the Rams are hanging around them. Good luck with the breeding. They will get it right.

I'm still waiting for mine to get it right. I have watched mine lay 3 times now, the longest the stayed uneaten is 2 days. The sad news now is that i lost her partner last week.

Can anyone tell me where i can get white ones from? I can't find any down here as i got mine from QLD 3 years ago. My girl is a bit lonely in a 4' tank. Need to be about 8cm or larger as she will pick on the smaller ones.

Juddo :)

If you really want the fry I would put them in a tank by themselves. I my experience they will eat the eggs as soon as the feel the are in danger, so other fish or even you trying to grab a look at the eggs will more than likely set them off. We cover the front of the tank with a towel and leave the light on with ours as soon as they start cleaning a spot to lay, if we leave the tank uncovered the eggs never seem to make it to fry stage.

Good luck :)

Archived