remove bn fry?

prince

Hi all

Today i just some bn frys in the cave with the father, they are very tiny n free swimming i guess, so should i remove the frys to a fry saver or leave them with the father in the cave?

Will the father eat them?

Congra to you new fries.

Moving them as soom as possible will ensure you that you will get majority to survied.

If they are in the fry saver it will also be easier for you to feed then. Ensuring that all the frys get something to eat

I always take then out.

But i'm not sure how long they have been hatch as i just noticed the frys yesterday, the male is still inside guarding the frys, so im not sure to remove the frys or not :confused:

I suggest you move them asap then just to be sure you beat the yellows and calvus especially

Mine Just hatched this morning.

As they were in a natural log with a hole at the back too, I gently relocated the log to a saver, to prevent the eager looking loaches from trying any tricks :).

All of them seem pretty happy and dad hasn't freaked out, still guarding them :)

Nick

Mine Just hatched this morning.

As they were in a natural log with a hole at the back too, I gently relocated the log to a saver, to prevent the eager looking loaches from trying any tricks :).

All of them seem pretty happy and dad hasn't freaked out, still guarding them :)

Nick

congra nick good on u

there are yellows, calvus and pleco in the tank. They are currently in the breeding cave

good news but they should not be with the yellows etc who may be waiting for a meal

Take them out and put them in a fry saver

Can i just remove the bn fry, or is it better to put the whole cave in the fry saver?

Can i just remove the bn fry, or is it better to put the whole cave in the fry saver?

I'd just move the cave, until they've absorbed the yolk sac they're pretty damn delicate, easier to move the cave, and once they're free swimming, tke the cave away :)

Nick

I'd just move the cave, until they've absorbed the yolk sac they're pretty damn delicate, easier to move the cave, and once they're free swimming, tke the cave away :)

Nick

Nick is right do it now, easier to move the cave.

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

How are the fry going?

Mine(about 70) are doing well, absolutely destroying any vegetable that makes it into their saver, and some of the sub adult males in the tank are helping out by sucking what they don't eat through the mesh :)

The pair have just spawned again in the log, so they're clearly getting their groove , after a few false starts prior to the last batch. I sense one of those "plenty of bristlenose for sale" ads coming on :)

Nick

Hi all

Today i just some bn frys in the cave with the father, they are very tiny n free swimming i guess, so should i remove the frys to a fry saver or leave them with the father in the cave?

Will the father eat them?

congrats - yes fry saver to be safe - yellow loves a meal that is tiny and move.

Archived