sexing electric yellows

prince

hi guys

just wondering how you guys would sex electric yellows, i can sex electric blues no problem as by the colour :lol1:

so what about the yellows? i know females have a lighter black top fin compare to males but some just look half half. :confused:

i am no expert but i believe that males may get egg spots whilst females do not. i think males also get a black stripe on their anal fin. as i said i am no expert but someone should be able to give you definates. HTH

It can be pretty tricky. I have females holding right now with egg spots and dark fins. In fact my females fins go darker when they are about to breed. Some sub dominant males have almost no colour in the anal fin. Venting is the sure way.

Bruce

These days the only reliable method is to vent them. Back 6-7 years ago it was very easy as females had no black on the anal fin. They have been breed the last few years but for deep yellow colours and as much black on the fins possible so its next to impossible finding a line of yellows where females exhibit reduced black on fins.

Archived