getting Angel eggs to the hatching stage

Leone

So, my angels have had 2 batches of eggs now - 10 days apart.

the 1st batch was in my 6' community tank and didnt even last 12 hours before they became a midnight feast for either the parents or some of the other inhabitants of the tank.

So, I moved the 2 angels into the 2' tank and relocated the habitants of that tank.

10 days after the 1st lot of eggs I had more eggs, this time on the granite that I placed in the tank for this purpose. I was pretty confident that these ones would survive as they lasted the 1st night.

The male was being a real dudE tho, and chasing the female and nipping her - and not in a nice way.

this morning I got up and there were no eggs left - I guess they must of gotten hungry again.

Due to this, when they lay again, should I take the male out (after fertilising the eggs) and just leave the female in with them, or would I be better leaving the male in and taking the female out, or better to remove both parents and try and hatch them as orphans?

looking forward to some responces...

cheers

Leone

In my angelfish breeding experience, I would leave the parents in there to "practise" being parents. They are probably new at it and need a few goes for them to learn. Hatching the eggs on their own is tricky, as they can get fungussed really easily.

Good luck!

Archived