Black stuff on Anubias

bilbok

Hi,

Has anyone got a solution to the black stuff on my Anubias?

Ive tried rubbing it with my fingers but its really hard to remove. I was going to try a toothbrush.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. :confused:

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt

Nearly all my tanks have Anubias.

They are very seceptible to algea grow when light on for to long.

My Royal Whiptails once in the tank a day or 2 gone. Fantastic! :)

I know the siamese fighters are excellent also as well as other cats.

Noddy65 wrote

or go here , same effect as excel, aussie made and a lot cheaper http://aquagreen.com.au/plant_data/Dinosaur_Spit.html
Thanks for the fab site Matt. :thumb

Regards

Symphy ;)

Thanks guys.

I've got a gibbiceps but he's a bit picky about this black stuff. I think I'll try getting a bristlenose or two and if that doesn't work I'll try some dinosaur spit.

Matt. :thumb

bilbok wrote:

I've got a gibbiceps but he's a bit picky about this black stuff.
Lay him of the food for a day or 2 & he/she should start eating it.

They are scavangers the cats & as long as they are getting there discs, flakes, blood

worms they would be glad to leave your tank the way it is.

Regards

Symphy ;)

I agree with symphy. I hardly purposely feed my bristlies and they eat everything, plus keep my tanks immaculate.

They are growing in size very well, so there's no problem with under feeding, plus whatever gets left behind by the other tank mates soon gets cleaned up aswell.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been battling BBA for some time now and my BN catfish wanted nothing to do with it. What I did was to decrease the photoperiod by 2hrs a day and start double dosing excel, which so far has done wonders.

I tried using SAEs but found that after going to town on the algae to begin with, they got lazy and started on the left over flake food. Not to mention the fact that with even a 0.5cm gap in the lid I'd wake up to find the little guys shriveled up on the ground.

Archived