moving my big a$$ tank

Gav

sso i finally got it done. craPload of sweat but its outta my garage in into the living room.

so to start, 300kg of love waiting to be filled with fish

IPB Image

and this is where its going. to get there, has to go 9 meters to the front steps, up 9 steps, get pivoted onto its end then thru the front door, down the hall, through the living room and finally on to the stand shown here

IPB Image

so it started well. got to the front door no probs, got it up on its end then discovered the tank was 76cm high not 75 and with the screen door on the space we had to work with was 76cm. so had to rip off the screen door and make sure it didnt touch the tank. we now had 77cm. so 5mm each side to work with..... you beauty.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

so we managed to wrestle it in no probs, and more importantly no chips on the glass. next was sliding it down the hall on a blanket

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

then it was nearly there and it had to up on to the stand

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and in place

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

so if i ever sell my house, the tank is part of the purchase, i am never moving that buggar again!!

moving my big buM tank, finally its in place

Now I've heard of Discus tanks, Catfish tanks, Malawi tanks, Tanganyikan tanks, we even had some people here with Tropheus tanks for a while, but I've never heard of a tank full of bums :p

Tank looks good Gav! I hope all the workers were fed and watered with top grade steak and beers!

I don't see any holes, what do you have planned for filtration? (or has that been answered already in the other thread? I'll go and have a look :) )

2 eheim pro 3 will filter it. will need 6 holes drilled, will be done next week i hope

and all the workers did it for lurve. they all got some nice cold water tho :p

it was me with the splint on. i managed to cut the nerve, tendon and artery in my right index finger late november. after microsurgery to fix it i ended up with the splint to prevent me from rupturing the artery post op. so its still on another week or two. i managed ok tho for only one hand. thank god for suction cups :). tho typing one handed sucks. its an art i havent ever needed before now.

craig, i believe i did get something you cant carry. at least not without a whole lotta people. in hindsight this should have been built on site.

it was me with the splint on. i managed to cut the nerve, tendon and artery in my right index finger late november. after microsurgery to fix it i ended up with the splint to prevent me from rupturing the artery post op. so its still on another week or two. i managed ok tho for only one hand. thank god for suction cups :). tho typing one handed sucks. its an art i havent ever needed before now.

craig, i believe i did get something you cant carry. at least not without a whole lotta people. in hindsight this should have been built on site.

And here I am thinking that you put the splint so your mates can do all the work :lol3:

Perfect corner IMO especially with the couch there. Your own TV!

Why didn't you go with a large sump?

Twist those photos the right way, my neck got sore!

What fish are you going to put in it?

• 4 weeks later...

i thought my 6x2.5x2.5 was hard to move haha!, really nice tank mate wish i could afford something that big or bigger id love about 600 gallons of fish heaven haha :)

got a pic of the room with the tank in it

IPB Image

and while i was at it grabbed another of the tank

IPB Image

both were taken on fairly long exposures, so the leaves are moving around a bit thus the blurring.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived