Fish shots from INSIDE the tank.

ViS

Did I say tank? I meant ocean :lol2:

Also, I got to test out my two new toys :lol1: . One is a 125cf Faber steel tank, and the other is a slave strobe for my camera. With the new tank, I did a 73 minute dive, max depth 19m but mostly at 12 - 14m, and still had 90 bar left from a starting pressure of 210 bar. That's probably only impressive if you're a diver :B

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Did I say tank? I meant ocean :lol2:

Also, I got to test out my two new toys :lol1: . One is a 125cf Faber steel tank, and the other is a slave strobe for my camera. With the new tank, I did a 73 minute dive, max depth 19m but mostly at 12 - 14m, and still had 90 bar left from a starting pressure of 210 bar. That's probably only impressive if you're a diver :B

That is impressive, especially while carrying camera gear. But it begs the question... why did you surface with that much air?

Where is that dive? (Fly point, halifax?)

why did you surface with that much air? Where is that dive? (Fly point, halifax?)

Not sure if you've ever dived either Fly or Halifax (the pictures are from Fly by the way), but the slack tide is 60 minutes at best (usually 30 - 40 minutes). 73 minutes was pushing it. I started with a slight ingoing tide and when I got out, the tide was beginning to rush out at a fair pace.

I didn't get out by choice. Mother Nature made me :lol2:

why did you surface with that much air? Where is that dive? (Fly point, halifax?)

Not sure if you've ever dived either Fly or Halifax (the pictures are from Fly by the way), but the slack tide is 60 minutes at best (usually 30 - 40 minutes). 73 minutes was pushing it. I started with a slight ingoing tide and when I got out, the tide was beginning to rush out at a fair pace.

I didn't get out by choice. Mother Nature made me :lol2:

nice pix what fish is that in the first pix? with eyes buried in sand?

Lol thats experience for you. When i got down to 18 meters with 200 bar i come back up with about 50 bar after only 30-40 minutes if im lucky....

Nice Mooray ( not sure how you spell that one) shots by the way. Those guys are great characters! i saw the biggest one of my life when i was diving in vanuatu... Id say it was a 10 meter (at the least) snowflake. Its a pity it didnt stay out of its whole for long enough to get a decent picture

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did a 73 minute dive, max depth 19m but mostly at 12 - 14m, and still had 90 bar left from a starting pressure of 210 bar. That's probably only impressive if you're a diver :B

[YAWN] Yep, you're right about that mate, not very impressive to me at all :p

I am VERY impressed by the photographs however, and assume all those tanks and bars made it all possible :lol2:

[YAWN] Yep, you're right about that mate, not very impressive to me at all

It's about time you did a course then isn't it? :lol2:

Archived