My tanks (4ft american/3ft planted)

Nornicle

Wow love the underwater garden :clap

kinda makes me want a planted tank :lol4:

hey Nornicle, what are you running on the planted tank?

Lighting: 96watt AH Supply 6700k CF.

Fertilisation: EI method, using Aquagreen dry ferts and flourish iron

Substrate: Aquasoil/Powersand/ADA powders (penac etc)

Co2: Dupla 750gram bottle, Dupla Delta regulator, Dupla Magnetic Solenoid, Dupla bubble counter, Aquaticmagic ceramic diffuser, Aquaone silicone tubing.

Heating: ETH Hydor 300watt in line heater

Filtration: Eheim 2217 using clear tubing from bunnings, and fluxus clear lilly pipes.

very nice Richard but then your planted tanks always looked impressive, what is the plant growing around the driftwood, is it a delicate plant only suitable with co 2, the only plants that thrive in my tanks are anubias , java fern and java moss

no substrate for your south americans , that must be hard for the geos who like to sift

Thanks Sarah :)

it's Didiplis diandra, it does need Co2 or becomes straggly and breaks apart and is a big mess!

the geos do seem very happy, I prefer the black bottom as it is much easier to keep clean, I've considered putting down a very light layer of sand, but i find it gets EVERYWHERE when cleaning or doing anything in the tank (in the filter, in the wood, in the fish..)

very nice Richard but then your planted tanks always looked impressive, what is the plant growing around the driftwood, is it a delicate plant only suitable with co 2, the only plants that thrive in my tanks are anubias , java fern and java moss

no substrate for your south americans , that must be hard for the geos who like to sift

it's Didiplis diandra, it does need Co2 or becomes straggly and breaks apart and is a big mess!

What if you have aeration a bare minimum? I left a planted tank at my mums house and the filter outlet was low from waterline (surface) and air pump turned right down and at night turned it right up

Archived