My 3 Footer

holo

Hi guys, been a member for a fair while now, just never posted :)

Thought I would finally come out and post my 160L tank. Been setup since Feb this year.

Currently houses:

Gold Severum ~14cm

Blue Acara ~Probably 12cm, He runs away from the ruler!

Female Convict

Rainbow shark

3x Tiger barbs

And a fair few plants

Filtration is a Aqua one CF700 and a Eheim classic 2217 (way better).

Lighting is just a Aqua one 2x30watt T8 unit.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The photos don't do the severum justice at all. He is Very yellow in real life. None of the other fish will hold still enough to take decent photos of :lol3:

I am wanting to upgrade to a 4x2x2 soon :8

Thanks. Yes there is a female convict in there :)

There used to be 6 tiger barbs <_< Only the biggest 3 are left and they seem to be doing ok, but everyone else is getting bigger so we shall see!!

nice tank, love the mix of plants very vibrant and well lit :)

what sort of cabinet is that?

Thanks. No cabinet, it's on a desk with metal legs :blink Hoping to get a 4x2x2 with a cabinet, but they are pricey :(

Is that a sand substrate? if so, how long have you had those plants in there? I always thought that plants struggled in fine substrates cause the roots couldnt move as freely?

It is pool filter sand so it's not as fine as something like beach sand. Most of the plants have been in there since February and they grow like crazy and seem to have plenty of roots! They are pretty easy to keep plants though, so it might be a different story if you had some more hardcore plants in there; but I've never tried so I have no idea :)

It is pool filter sand so it's not as fine as something like beach sand. Most of the plants have been in there since February and they grow like crazy and seem to have plenty of roots! They are pretty easy to keep plants though, so it might be a different story if you had some more hardcore plants in there; but I've never tried so I have no idea :)

Interesting... Could be why the cichlids arent disrupting them too much because they are well rooted :)

That is quite possible, because I often have problems keeping cuttings in the ground until they have rooted. Have to replant them literally everyday for about a week then they are fine. :)

Great setup, Nice close up of your fish. I wish mine would stay still long enough for a photo shoot.

Try taking the photos just after the light has been turned on :) Worked for me a couple of days ago.

Holo, I remember what that was like... Planting again every day.. In the end the cichlids won out and the plants had to go :cryblow:

Archived