G.Altifrons"Tocantins" & A.Heckelii

chevguy

big and beautiful fish! how long did it take to grow out your geophagus to those sizes! I find that mine are growing really quickly compared to the shop I purchased them from, but i think this is due to twice daily mass feedings and two times a week 50% water changes, do you have any tips for growing out geos?

big and beautiful fish! how long did it take to grow out your geophagus to those sizes! I find that mine are growing really quickly compared to the shop I purchased them from, but i think this is due to twice daily mass feedings and two times a week 50% water changes, do you have any tips for growing out geos?

The male Tocantins is currently around 25cm(still got another 8-10 to go) and about 2 years old.Twice daily feeding i would not recommend,it's to much. Mine get fed once a day and also get days off,fed for 3 days and then a day without food then fed for 4 days and a day without food again and so on.They are also a lot more active this way.

They will get all the nutrients they need from sifting through the sand on their lay days.

Archived