My Recent Tank Disaster...

PeteFromTassie

Well folks, all I can say is AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!!! :shock:

IPB Image

And one of me actually saying "AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!"

IPB Image

I dunno what happened, but I was pouring the last bucket of a water change in the tank and "TINK" the glass split right open! :shock: Lucky we were home or the fish (and the landlord) would not have been happy!!!

Just thought I'd share...

Cheers,

Pete.

Ah mate that sucks.

Last saturday i had exactly the same thing happen to me.

I was taking a shower and my mate thought he'd put together my old school bunk bed.. he dropped the top bunk and bam! theres 120L on my bedroom floor. Carpet too.

Its stopped smelling so much now..

I feel your pain!

EEEK! Last year when I moved my African setup to American I woke up the next morning looking at the tank thinking "hmm, something doesn't look right... it must be the new gravel, etc". Closer inspection revealed the centre brace that runs from the front to back had split from the back, hanging into the water.

Both the front and back of the tank were bowing out a little, only being held in place by the hood, which goes right around the tank, not like bought ones with open backs.

I got a sash clamp, got the wife to help me take the hood off while I put the clamp in place, called up the LFS reminding them of my large purchace of American's the previous day, now requiring a new tank.

Went over there, bought a new one, and did a complete new tank set up again.... stuff doing that for a living :p

pipsqeek

I had the centre brace go on one of mine a few weeks back too :( I'm glad I was there and saw and heard it happen though ! :) A complete disaster was averted

Archived