NSWCS Auction

Boots n all

Hi Guys -

It is the NSWCS Auction (at the SCP auctions are not available).

As for lots - I will enquire about getting an extras back and out to the members who need them asap.

Cheers -

Hi Guys,

There is one of those "Formula One" motels (at least I think that's the name) at Liverpool. I think they charge about $60 a night.

Non-members selling fish are charged 25% commission. Members pay 10%, so, if Dave can get you some lot numbers (they are restricted to keep the auction under 12 hours!) then it could be worth paying the $15 membership fee.

I don't think the NSWCS has any sort of reciprocal arrangements with other states, but they just might.

Cheers,

Hi,

The auction is the first Saturday in March which is the 6th. See the NSWCS site for times and location.

Non members can go to the auction and the more the merrier.

There is a reply earlier in this post regarding the differences in commission on selling fish for members and non members - if there are any lots left that is.

Non members can bid and buy on anything they wish - paying cash as they go.

Would love to see you there biggrin.gif .

Cheers

I think it is very unfair that Wollongong Branch of the Cichlid Society were not

allocated any amount of lots to be given to our members.

Yet, here we are about to hand them out willy nilly.

The persons just joining the club to get lot nos should be given last priority.

It seems that a small amount of people were given a large amount of lots.

Regards Karen

Karen, I have missed quite a few of the last committee meetings so I have no idea why no lots were allocated to Illawarra. I don't believe any have ever been "put aside" - normally they are pre-ordered by members or picked up at the Sydney meeting the month before.

Yet, here we are about to hand them out willy nilly.

The persons just joining the club to get lot nos should be given last priority.

No one handed them out in that fashion at all. Sydney members are as entitled as anyone else to take lots if they want to - whether they are new members or not. How long they have been members is totally irrelevant. I think what Aline was implying is that there would be returned lot numbers on the day as there usually are, that could be used.

It seems that a small amount of people were given a large amount of lots.

Yes, you are absolutely right. The maximum number of lots for any one membership is 64 and several members took advantage of that number. While I and quite a few others think that this is an excessive number of lots per membership, when taken to a vote, we missed out so we have to abide by the choice of the majority.

It is good that this whole can of worms has been opened as it might force a few things to be changed and needless to say it will be discussed at length at the committee meeting on Friday night.

Have you been in touch with Anthony yet about this? If so, I believe he is organising some more to get down there via Tony and Kevin by next Monday so you guys won't miss out after all.

By the way, will Illawarra be setting aside lots for Sydney members too or will they have to attend a meeting to pick theirs up? unsure.gif

Karen ,

The way the lots were issued was discussed at the Illawarra meeting on Sunday night and myself and the Sydney committee members present on the night stated then, that the matter would be addressed this Friday at the Sydney committee meeting.

This discussion has already commenced and a possible way of allocating lots to Illawarra members is close to happening.

Anita has already mentioned that a group of the Sydney committee had already thought the number of lots allocated to an individual was unfair and excessive ,but a majority vote at that time passed the present lot allocation.

Just so others dont feel hard done by with missing out on lots ,there are Members of the committee who have also missed out on receiving lots because they were busy doing there jobs at the meeting ( does anyone feel that is fair in any way ?) unsure.gif

Guess we will see what happens on Friday night in regard to working out some possible solutions.

Thanks Kevin

Illawarra Representative to the NSWCS committee

If we are a club and Wollongong is a branch of that club, then I feel that we need

to work together and not just Sydney is there and we are not so lets not include them in certain matters.

If lots were discussed at the committee meeting then surely someone could have said

What about our branch in Wollongong?

We need to have a bit more friendly associations between the branches.

As for our auction in Aughust, I am sure the matter of lots will be discussed beforehand and Sydney as always will be considered.

Regards Karen

Karen -

As I said in the other thread. The committee is dealing with this.

We have only been together for 6 months and I think in general we've made some positive changes to the club.

Please be patient.

Now I am very very disappointed. I have read other posts about people attacking

others in posts, but to accuse me of attacking is wrong. pm

I am trying to discuss these issues and if u dont want to think about them with

an open mind and attitude then u should have stopped all posts from go to wo.

The first post here is about 2 guys from vic wanting to bring fish to sell at the auction. Then u said u would get the handbacks from people.

Now those guys and others will join the club on the day only to get their lot nos.

Them and others will not be seen or heard from again. To me thats just a revenue

exercise and not in the best interest of the club. We do not allow new members to join on the day and it works well.

Sorry if u dont want to hear what I have to say.

Regards Karen

Karen:

You said:

I am trying to discuss these issues and if u dont want to think about them with

an open mind and attitude then u should have stopped all posts from go to wo.

Karen - I have said they will be discussed at the meetings. What more do you want? I reiterate - we are working to solve this.

I accused you of attacking the wrong folk because that is what you are doing. If you read your above post you imply I am being closed minded and have an attitude problem. I have neither, and moreover I agree with you - something needs to be done to fix this.

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately the entire allocation of lots for the upcoming March Auction was snapped up by the members present at the Feb meeting, within about half an hour (even members who attended the meeting missed out on lots). We have never seen the lots go out as quick as that and obviously recognise that this is a far from ideal scenario. Committee will be drastically overhauling the way the lots will be distributed in future auctions.

As it stands the Auction Lots have always been distributed on a first in first serve basis and are always released to the membership at the meeting before the auction. Any remaining lots are usually allocated to members via mail. The club has always rewarded those members who actively participate and contribute to the club by attending meetings, first dibs on the lot numbers (some people even travel from Wollongong, Newcastle and even Canberra to ensure they get lots). This time we just had a hell of allot more interest than previous auctions. A total of 32 different members took lots for the auction with 7 of those members taking the full allocation of 64 from the total of 1000 lots. This is no different to the way lots were allocated at the October 03 Auction which we recieved no complaints over.

Regarding the issue of an Illawarra allocation, this has never happened before but we are happy to consider it. Do Illawarra send an allocation of lots up to Sydney to be distributed at our meeting? All you had to do is ask for an allocation to be assigned to Illawarra prior to the lots release in Feb. We are not mind readers and if you don't ask for lots ahead of there release how are we meant to know that you want lots numbers. You have an Illawarra representative on the NSWCS Committee to make such arrangements and ensure the Illawarra branch has a say and does not get forgotten.

Sorry for the inconvenience to everyone but as has been said previously committee will be discussing at the next committee meeting how to ensure that this scenario does not occur at future auctions.

Please remember that the auctions are a huge effort and are logistically very difficult to plan and prepare to ensure the day is a success for the members and public. The committee are all volunteers and have many other things to keep us busy. Sometimes things don’t go to plan but all we can do is our best to rectify the problems next time around. If anyone out there thinks they can do better and would like to be involved why not join the shadow committee or volunteer to help out on Auction day smile.gif

Regards,

Anthony Ramsey

President NSWCS

LOL@Anthony.... 64 lots maximum Out of 1000 *slap*

considering the numbers of "members" One would

likely assume 64 is an unfair number rolleyes.gif

Afterall , That would be roughly... dry.gif

(looks 4 calculator) ... Ummmm 16 peeps who

breed a bit .... and may wish to attend the Feb

thingy to get max Allow-able lot's ?? no2.gif

MMMMM, Me thinks 10 lots per person MAX !!!

Would at least give 100 or (10%) of "the 1000"

of breeders/keepers to bare thier wares ..

Andy... unsure.gif

Archived