Vieja argentea?

htul

I've been chasing Vieja Argentea for AGES and from my understanding they are illegal in Australia...

If anything changes let me know, cause I'd be HELLISHLY keen for some! ;-)

They are an absolutly stunning species!

Cheers,

Pete.

I've been chasing Vieja Argentea for AGES and from my understanding they are illegal in Australia...

I assume you mean they are illegal to import (like Frontosa were until recently), not illegal to own (noxious, like pirahna)

Damm i didnt think we had them here. Whats the quality like on the ones we have?

Pete are you guys allowed to bring fish from the mainland into tassie, cause isnt there some regulations that control the movement of livestock to and from there?

Vieja species are spectacular. I used to have an amazing synspilum in my 6x2x2. I dont think I've seen a more colourful cichlid anywhere since. Astounding metallic colours! Does anyone have a picture of this species handy?

Here's a pic I found cruising the net for pics and info AGES ago...

IPB Image

Hot fish hey!!! :lol4::lol4::lol4:

Cheers,

Pete.

P.S. This is NOT my fish or my pic! I was hunting the net for info ages ago and found this pic, but have no idea where I got it from... In other words, thanks to the photographer and fish keeper, and I hope you don't mind me using your pic! :blink

what price are these going for? I've seen Vieja melanurus and Herichthys pearsi in LFS's still fetching around $100+ which is dissappointing. I hope these and argentea become more affordable and available in the near future and not just disappear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah Burgoid, I've got buckley's chance of getting one in... :-(

This isn't true - I was considering buying the Olde Tudor Aquarium in Launceston earlier this year - went down and checked it out - They buy their fish from AI just like most other LFS do and can order most things - only thing that there is a major restriction on is goldfish (but they can still be bought from Pine Creek), and some natives like saratoga etc.

I'm moving near Devonport in about 4-5 weeks and will be making numerous orders through the shop at Ulverstone.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived