Some pics of some of my fish

Citypainter

nice setup, nice variety of rocks, whats the stripey fish in the second pic

nick!

The 2nd fish is a Tilapia Butifacoferi (Spelling)

Yeah thats quite a mix! Any clashes between them?

All fish get on fine Occaisionally the Sulfer crested litobate chases a couple of the smaller ones but no damage.

ooo nice shots! what are those rocks on the right hand side of the tank?

They are limestone

The ph is a constant 7.6-7.8

I have a mix of shellgrit and gravel to balance it.

See people you can mix Africans and Americans. I have done it all my life and never lost fish due to water conditions.

i really like your rock display, good contrast and mix.. other than limestone.. do you have any other types in there? where did you get them from.. if you dont mind me asking.

did you glue/stick down alot of it? or is it just gravity and clever placement?

and nice fish.. how many do you have in there?

i really like your rock display, good contrast and mix.. other than limestone.. do you have any other types in there? where did you get them from.. if you dont mind me asking.

did you glue/stick down alot of it? or is it just gravity and clever placement?

and nice fish.. how many do you have in there?

I have been collecting rocks for so long. maybe 25 years . I f I see a rock i like I buy it or take it depending on the circumstances. When I have bought and sold tanks I always keep the good rock. All rock are carefully placed and can be removed. The only glued rocks are some of the slate piles that I made for Bn to hide in.

There are so many types of rock in there I don't really know what they all are. The tank still has lots of free swimming space but at night every fish has a hiding spot.

As for the amount of fish well thats a good question. I am selling 5 of the Urau to a mate this week. The will leave from memory 9 clown loaches. maybe 10-20 Bristle nose, 1 pleco, 1 sucking cat(gold), 1 synsplum, 1 pearsi, 1 green terror, 1 buttifercoferi, 1 convict, 2 frontosa, 1 sulfer crested lithobate, 1 electric yellow, 1 Uaru & 2 leucosticta. Thats all I can think of for that tank at the moment.

I will take a pic or 2 of my Gf's tank tonight and try to post over the weekend.

Completely diferent type of display tank but still really interesting(In my opinion anyway).

Archived