Are NLS foods really that good?

JLL

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure which joke you are referring to?

Oh and I knew the whole 'exclusively' thing would come up. Why must NLS always be fed exclusively (ignoring any experiment results and the like)?

JLL ........ why wouldn't it come up? I said that it was too bad, not that any/all data supplied via that feed trial was invalid. A 50% inclusion rate of spirulina would have lowered the results in both growth and color in most if not all of the commercial formulas used in that trial, for the reasons previously stated.

Would you take an ice cold Foster's & mix it 50/50 with water?

JLL quote

"Oh and I knew the whole 'exclusively' thing would come up. Why must NLS always be fed exclusively (ignoring any experiment results and the like)?"

This is a marketing ploy, designed to get you to buy NLS foods and never buy any other foods again.

You see, even live foods have become obsolete according to NLS !

havent we already been over this part already?

tho RD, using fosters isnt really the best example. i dont think even a 50% water mix could make fosters taste better :lol5:

in case u didn't realise guys that statement about litigation was a hoax!!! :lol4:

i have no connection with NLS and am not their formal spokeman so u can relax.

i have heard Pablo does not get stirred by statements made by people who have no evidence to back their claims :thumb !

Maybe we can learn something from him guys?

I think we have a new NLS convert.....Nigel....how much are they paying u for this? :p;):zipit:

Dave

Ps...sorry for any sleepless nights i may have caused some people...u know who u r!!! :lol3:

JLL ........ why wouldn't it come up? I said that it was too bad, not that any/all data supplied via that feed trial was invalid. A 50% inclusion rate of spirulina would have lowered the results in both growth and color in most if not all of the commercial formulas used in that trial, for the reasons previously stated.

Would you take an ice cold Foster's & mix it 50/50 with water?

I was not referring to trial data as I stated in my reply. I just wanted to know why I can't give my fish bloodworms or live foods as well which they appear to enjoy more than anything. The comments here seem to say that I should feed only NLS as though any other variation may harm my fish. I was not being antagonistic or anything like that, it is a genuine question. I keep a couple of tanks as a hobby only which you would know as I started this train wreck of a thread. I am not really interested in anything more large scale.

I would take an ice cold Fosters, mix it with water, so that it did not explode when i froze it, and then throw those disgusting bits of ice at the person that gave it to me to start with.

tho RD, using fosters isnt really the best example. i dont think even a 50% water mix could make fosters taste better

Maybe a 50/50 spirulina mix would make the fosters taste a bit better? :lol4:

tho RD, using fosters isnt really the best example. i dont think even a 50% water mix could make fosters taste better

Maybe a 50/50 spirulina mix would make the fosters taste a bit better? :lol4:

Now that is funny Andy you may just of hit on the perfect beer. :lol4:

Ok, If any one can prove this product doesn't work, can win $1000. That is all I have to say.

Waruna :)

Sounds like a challange :lol4:

However I don't think anyone can prove it does NOT work. :shock: It definetely does what it claims, I can't dispute that.

I think I will buy some 3mm food to see how my fish react, maybe they don't like small pellets. Kinda like a large fish is not interested in eating a tiny spec of a fish, but will eat a small but decent size fish.

Maybe they did'nt eaten the small 1mm food for that reason.

Have any studies been done with NLS or any food regarding this theory?

I just wanted to know why I can't give my fish bloodworms or live foods as well which they appear to enjoy more than anything. The comments here seem to say that I should feed only NLS as though any other variation may harm my fish.

JLL ...... Not here on this forum, or anywhere else have I ever told anyone that they must feed an exclusive diet of NLS to their fish. What I have said is this, you can feed an exclusive diet of NLS, and if your fish will eat it, they will thrive for many years on that diet, and that diet alone.

Hope that clears that issue up .....

JLL ...... Not here on this forum, or anywhere else have I ever told anyone that they must feed an exclusive diet of NLS to their fish. What I have said is this, you can feed an exclusive diet of NLS, and if your fish will eat it, they will thrive for many years on that diet, and that diet alone.

Hope that clears that issue up .....

Well not really, on at least one occasion you have suggested that a lack of results from NLS may be that it was not fed exclusively. I just wanted to know why the emphasis on being exclusive. And please do not think that this is being aimed at you directly, it was a general question asked of anyone with input. Anyhow, forget the question as I am over it.

I respect that Pablo seems to be doing things his way and with a lot success and applaud him loudly for it. Perhaps he would be served better by letting his product speak for itself. From all accounts that is what he seems to do. It always concerns me, however, when there are fanatics that seem to take offence to comments which do not come into line with their own. Relax, you'll live longer.

MODS.....I really regret that this thread turned into such a ridiculous mess, maybe it is time to knock it on the head? i had hoped to just bring it up in 6 months then maybe a year out of interest with some pics for comparasin. I don't think I will bother though.

Thankyou to everyone that provided helpful information and experiences they have had with the product (especially you RD :yes::yes: ). But I really think it has run it's course now. Maybe I will become the full NLS convert, maybe not. I suppose time will tell.

I'm done son.

Over and out.

p.s. when i say over and out i will stay out, no more responses from me. :p

p.p.s Let's see who can create a (non tangent) thread with this many responses!

Well not really, on at least one occasion you have suggested that a lack of results from NLS may be that it was not fed exclusively.

Yes, most certainly, but that's not what you seemed to be asking, or referring to.

If you want to feed a mix of foods, no problem, go right ahead, but if you dilute NLS too much, you will also dilute the end results.

If someone feeds 100% NLS and has an issue with the health of their fish, they'll have my full attention, but, if someone feeds 60% NLS, and 40% of who knows what, then they'll have to settle on whatever results they get. In other words, I know what the result of feeding 100% NLS will be, but I have no control over the quality of other products. This is exactly what I was referring to with regards to the 50/50 NLS & spirulina feed trial that Nigel posted. Make sense?

My apologies about the Foster's crack, maybe I should have used a Martini as an example. :lol2:

Archived