What L number is Peppermint?

Hoddz

Hiya just researching and cant find much info on Peppermint bristlenoses and was just wondering what L number is it i have found so many different things on them and each one virtually overwrites the other....

Thanks in advance

Jamie :thumbup:

sorry mate just got in there heres one for you Hey yet again all just looking every where for information on growing,feeding and breeding the above mentioned Bristlenose if anyone can steer me in the right direction i would very much appreciate it..

Thanks Jamie :thumbup:

Sorry guys, but I beg to differ here. We have been tossing up re the identity of the "Pepps" in Australia for the last 15 years or so and I don't think we decided definatly yet.

One thing for sure is they are NOT A. dolichopterus (L183). Those were here, but they seem to have died out. Our peppermints start off in life with white borders on dorsal and caudal but lose that when only half grown.

L183 retain the white seams even as adults, but, they lose most of their spots as they grow and are no where near a 'Black' as adults. This porobably the reason they lost favour to the pepps we have now.

There is 15 odd pages of info on pepps pinned on the Auscat forum.

Alan.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this wont help identify the L number of peppermints at all but im going to ask the question anyway. About 5 years back a mate of mine purchased a peppermint catfish and it had fluro green dots all over. It didnt have the white seam like most do today. Are there still peppermints available that have the peppermint coloured dots or are they all white spots these days?

• 10 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived