Help...

Bruce

I too think it is more then that. rolleyes.gif

He has to first work out why it sucks air and try and work out how to stop it.

Many of the things that have been suggested before will still apply to this problem.

I would try to slow the flow down the pipe, but bruce has said he doesnt want to add valves to slow it. He doesnt want to use a standpipe.

I dont think the sump design is that great to be honest. If he removed some of the bio balls and lowered the dispersing plate the prefilter would not be needed. He could drill hole in a standpipe and wrap it in filter wool (for prefilter) ans everything would be good IMHO

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it may be fixed, I did what BaZ said and put a 90 degree bend on the end of the pipe and it seems to be spitting the bubbles away from the hole in the lid. Can you buy foam especially for weirs?

Bruce

I dont think the sump design is that great to be honest. If he removed some of the bio balls and lowered the dispersing plate the prefilter would not be needed. He could drill hole in a standpipe and wrap it in filter wool (for prefilter) ans everything would be good IMHO

I didn't want to say it earlier but I also believe the sump's design is slightly flawed. I like the idea that it has a drip tray but the overflow level seems way too high.

That's what I think aswell, it doesn't need to be that high.  I would've made it an inch or two lower.

Bruce

Can you change it then? Or can you extend the sides of that section so they are higher?

option 1 is easier - cut out the divider that's too high, get it trimmed or another made to the right height & silicone her in

spose you could make a splash guard with some thick plastic if you don't want to break down the tank, then you could silicone on some sides to raise it as per option 2 while leaving the tank running.

Archived