Styrofoam

Serial-Cichlid

Quite alot mate. I haven't even made the measurements yet. It will be used for 12 standard 3 foot tanks and also insulating the room.

At this stage I'm more or less just looking for places that sell it and I don't think Lincraft has enough to meet my requirements laugh.gif

I asked Bunnings and they told me they stocked it previously but i guess it took up too much space and didn't sell enough.

The room is approx 3.5m x 3.5m by the way.

Cheers

Paul

Wow thats a lot

I was going to give you a few sheets but?

I have had some sucess checking out industrial areas for their packing foam sheets, you may want to try that.

If you find somewhere, let them know you are interested in taking it and they should be more than happy to save some money on having it removed.

Thanx everyone thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The freebies would have been good Mark but it's the thought that counts wub.gif

Lucky it's not Valentine's Day yet laugh.gif

Anyway, I'll give Clark Rubber a call and let you know how I go.

Cheers

Paul

Expanded Plastics at Gow St Bankstown. They have/had a minimum order of something like $10.00, but you could sheet the inside of a bedroom for that amount. Look them up as I haven't got their number. They have all different thicknesses and qualities (hardness).

Craig

Probably not close to you but 'The Foam Booth' cnr of Cleveland and South Dowling St next to Moore Park sells sheets and will cut it. They have a range of thicknesses. They told me it's 'modelling grade' foam. It's a little stiffer than normal foam and I found it very easy to cut myself. Apparently you can sand it.

Hi

You can buy Polystyrene sheets from RMax 1300888662. I think that they may be located near you from memory.

If lining a fishroom dont forget that the thicker you go the better the insulation and keep heating costs down.

Regards Karen

hi paul

just to add to kazza's info. thicker is better, hi density is far better for insulation .

watch the $$$s though. this is where it becomes exspensive. i used 75mm,[ its good] only because the price was right. compare the $$ to good ole fat bats maybe around R3. this is one job that needs to be done right the 1st time, do the very best you can now, if not you WILL regret it. heating and cooling costs will out run the cost of a good job real quick.

regards colfish.

Archived