Update few pics pond

Guest big bad burundi

Guest big bad burundi

Fish will be slowing introduced in a week or so Sarah,no wont be some cheap fish how will i catch the buggers after oops.gif .Im sure i aint going out to buy some so called cheap fish to put in pond.After all id surely be getting more than i bargained for if i was to do that ohmy.gifeek.gif

Can be done Anthony no worries rolleyes.gif just ask mum and dad where you can put them and come up with a wad of cash whistling.gif .

I sure a few mad.gif extra bucks on their power bill wont bother them either.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great Darryl, fits in well with an already great fish room.......

I have another trip to SA soon so I will have to come over one night and spend a few hours going over it all with you.....Will have to bring my camera and get a few big pictures up on the net for all to see so that they can tell the size of it. It’s very hard to put the sizes into perspective without something to gage it off. Need to get a picture with you standing next to it. laugh.gif

Guest big bad burundi

No worries Ben same deal as with Mark i have the pond you bring the beer buddy,since you dont drink all the more for me. rolleyes.gif

You will find me on the floating air mattress relaxing with the fishies laugh.giflaugh.gif

You will find me on the floating air mattress relaxing with the fishies

That's a horribly disturbing thought thanks darryl sad.gif

Btw mate are you able to let us know more detail about the filtration? It's hard to see from the pic how it all works, a more detailed description would be good thanks for those of us who are interested smile.gif

ohmy.gif I can hear them all screaming Darryl ohmy.gif

Does that mean it's ready unsure.gif ....

Also do you have a light with a little less

Orangey/yellow in it ??? *slap* ... Thanx

Andy...

Ps. i hope you don't see any "negative attitude"

in my reply's Dazza .... wink.gif

Awesome!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Makes me want to ditch this uptown apartment and get a nice big place in woop-woop so I can have more fun with my fish.

Good on you for undertaking such a huge exercise so well!

Cheers - My hat's off to you - OziOscar.

Guest big bad burundi

Exuse me Baz im very sure about MY filtration buddy rolleyes.gif .I see no point in posting about it last time i did i got shot down told it wouldnt work,funny about that its working very very well blush.gif .

Seems the media i had in mind to use is probally the best you could use ,but again i was told it wouldnt work.

Wonder who that was who didnt have their facts straight yet again,seems to happen here very often.

Hey i have the winning xlotto numbers for this week also Baz ,sorry i aint giving you them either buddy. biggrin.gif

Hey have a great week end blink.gif

Winning xlotto numbers? You really do live in a dream world sometimes darryl. You keep them mate, I didn't ask for them rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

As for your filter, I dont recall any previous thread about your filter and certainly dont recall being involved in shooting you down. Are you sure you have the right guy?

I was interested, and figured there would be a few more people who were interested too. This forum is about sharing knowledge so we can all learn, and most of us are happy to share our successes so others can benefit from them.

Fear not darryl, I have no desire for a big pond, and if I did it would be in the back yard looking quite different to yours, with plants instead of a filter. So I for one do not want to steal your idea, I was merely trying to show an interest as you seem to be quite excited about this project, to the point where you even showed us pics of a bag of fish floating! unsure.gif

I'll now butt back out of your thread and let you get back to holding that grudge...

Guest big bad burundi

user posted image

Im using 3 x 200 litre drums filled with substrate as fluid bed filters.

i have 1 power head pumping in and 1 power head returning to pond .

also im running 2 mature cannister filters nothing special but all is very very well.

Thankyou for asking laugh.gif

Thanks for sharing the secret tongue.gif

It makes more sense with a diagram like that.

Something I do not understand (and this is a serious question, not having a shot) are the powerheads both pushing exactly the same amount of water? You say it is working, and I believe you, but I've always heard that no 2 pumps are the same which means your filter could run dry or overflow.

Like I said mate, not looking for a bite, just trying to understand.

jeez if people think that wont work i,d hate to hear what they would say about my two air driven sponges running a 3000l pond with 500 two inch fish in which works just fine. cracker of a pond got any plans for adding windows to it ?

Regards Chris

Darryl a suggestion for ya...

if you are using the 4 drums, why not stagger them and use gravity to your advantage... and the cost... diddly squat (except for maybe some more tubing/pipes)

Have barrel #1 sitting on some concrete blocks, say 2-3 high (or a couple of milk crates), then have barrel #2 on 1-2 blocks etc... so as the water flows through the different stages it is given that extra bit of a kick along...

also, using the gravity theory have the intake up the top, outlet at the base... less force is then required...

both just suggestions, or maybe I am missing something in the design principles...

BTW... if I bring some beers, can I also bring my snorkel and goggles???

(just kidding)

Guest big bad burundi

The 200kgs of rock was added by me since fish have been in the pond ,so i have already been swimming with the fish mate wink.gif .

How the drums are set up now is ok they are working fine ,the inlet pump is stronger than the outlet pump so wont run dry either.I wont at this stage be changing what is very obviously to me working fine ,but thanks for the sugestions anyway.I am only running as mentioned before 3 x 200 litre drums ,diagram was just that not enough room for 4 drums on the end drums are.

Drums are filled with a coarse substrate a nateral mineral widely used in aquaculture,horticulture and sewage treatment plants also.Along with the swimming pool industry and many other applications ,sand is a thing of the past guys in sand type filters well soon will be unsure.gif .

Guest big bad burundi

Cheers mate i know it would be cooler in there at the moment also buddy,and yes i made a few waves myself whilst adding those rocks mate huh.gifunsure.gif

Guest big bad burundi

I have adopted a primative form of solar heating for topping up pond whist doing water changes.I have 30m length of black poly pipe on roof of fish room.This has a drip feeder on end of hose hanging in pond,i connect a garden hose running through 1 micron carbon filter and have running very slowly.This feeds the pond some solar heated water which at the moment we have much of being so dam hot.Parametres of water do not change in the slightest the pond just gets refreshed with fresh water ,free of any living organism. rolleyes.gif

Archived