Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard of that name before. They look like Tropheus sp. black Ikola to me.

Hey guys, do Ikola have the red markings on the eye at this age, I can't seem to see this marking on Pheebee's fish.

Maybe someone else can chime in with more info.

By the way, did you get them from a lfs or a breeder?

Jamie.

Hey guys, do Ikola have the red markings on the eye at this age, I can't seem to see this marking on Pheebee's fish.

Thats a Kaiser I believe not a kiriza..All my Ikolas have the red eyeliner some more pronouced than others JoeyD

Thats a Kaiser I believe not a kiriza..All my Ikolas have the red eyeliner some more pronouced than others JoeyD

They are both Kaisers (KI & KII) one location Iloka and the other Kiriza :thumbup:

Hey Jolley..

those rainbows are awesome!!!! in your opinion are they significantly different enough from ilangi to warrant getting them as well?

i wish i could add some lone petros into my tank that giant blue Petro is so cool....how does it get along with all it's tankmates?

Waruna....i luv the 2nd shot....that is what i mean when i say try to capture the fish in full display action shot!!! Well done!!!

Pheebee....glad to see u post a pic and stay on topic for once!! :lol4: I agree it looks like a ikola (kaiser 1) but if it doesn't have the red on the eyes it might be another variant or even a hybrid???

Here are some pics of my previous fish:

Ikola (kaiser1)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Kiriza (kaiser2)

IPB Image

IPB Image

hth

Dave

The kirizas I have seen have a narrow band that goes up into the dorsal fin

You must have misunderstood my response in answer to your comment that "it is a Kaiser not a Kiriza" :) Both the Ikola (KI yellow band stops short of the dorsal) and the Kiriza (KII the yellow band reaches the top of the dorsal fin) are known as Kaisers.

HTH

By the way, did you get them from a lfs or a breeder?

Jamie.

Jaime i got them from a LFS on the Gold Coast. I didn't know as much as i do now about them, so i wasn't very impressed after that. :angry:

Moliro Man - What do you mean stay on the topic ! :dntknw:

Guest parallel

Dave your picture is hurting my eyes, tone it down :thumbup:

Here is my crappy attempt on my Ilangi.

Single Ilangi

IPB Image

Group Shot - Spot the Moliro's. They will be gone very soon.

IPB Image

Cheers

pheebee....i was being sarcastic about staying on-topic :lol4: !!!

J D....luv the linangu....is that T holding already??

Parallel...those pics are great, the Ts are looking very healthy...any luck in finding anyone to swap your moliros with?

Guest parallel

Parallel...those pics are great, the Ts are looking very healthy...any luck in finding anyone to swap your moliros with?

Yes 2 more ilangi's on their way to a new home. :thumb and sell the rest to the same person.

Unless someone got some to swap. :p

Cheers

Parallel

Dave,

I agree, that T looked like the previous post of a Chimba X Ikola. Didn't quite look right.

Back to the topic at hand. I vote for a separate Tropheus section considering a large percentage of posts revolve around the general upkeep of these babies. Then we wouldn't have to hang on to a thread such as this one.

Please please please let us have our own section :blink

I think the main problem with this particular thread is that it contains photos of tropheus.

IPB Image

These photos inturn spark a lot of interest in the fish and the the way they are being kept.

IPB Image

This generates Questions, which will require answers and to some extent more questions, and answers.

IPB Image

Then someone will post another pic to highlight a specific point, because a pic is worth how many words is it?....

IPB Image

Archived