Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Hi Guys (Tropheus club members!),

To promote our chosen fish species, let's post some of our Tropheus pics!

Let me start it off by posting some first:

Ilangi

IPB Image

Ilangi

IPB Image

Moliro

IPB Image

Moliro

IPB Image

Ikola

IPB Image

Ikola

IPB Image

Golden Kazumba

IPB Image

Kiriza 2

IPB Image

Kiriza 2

IPB Image

Enjoy!

Dave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed Ikola does look great,what i like most about them is the whole colony is always coloured.

Nice shots Dave - i see your Ikola's have started popping.

I had a quick click session - nothing turned out.

They aren't quite comfortable with me yet, and when I pick the camera up into their eye-line its skitz-ville.

user posted image

blush.gif Sat in the fish room most of the afternoon and took a few more dozen shots, they are too bloody active woot.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Mike.....the tropheus seed is already planted!!!! woot.gif

Matt.....if we all kept a few different variants each, we will have all of them! The lucky thing is all tropheus species are allowable imports and i am sure Nigel can get anything we want!!!!

Jim...not yet breeding well my ikolas. I think they are harder to breed. Need to as CThompson for some advice!

Ducksta.....can at least make out the orange spots! Looking great!!

Come on guys, bring on the pics!!!! dntknw.gif

here are my bubby moliros

user posted image

user posted image

Been in a week now and everything is still going swimmingly *touch wood*

Love the Ilangis and the K2s Dave, great colours.

if we all kept a few different variants each, we will have all of them! The lucky thing is all tropheus species are allowable imports and i am sure Nigel can get anything we want!!!!

heh heh heh... I quite liked the look of the spotty head Muragos... maybe later

I had quick skwiz at the golden Kazumbas on the wholesale list when I was getting my Ts and nearly fell off my chair shock.gif . That particular colony must have set you back a pretty penny smile.gif

Slightly OT, how common are T. polli? I saw what I assume is the remains of a colony in a LFS (looked like 1M/2F but dominance was stuffing with characters). The girls looked a litle worse for wear but the boy was nice with a golden tint over the steely grey base, blue eyes and a lyretail. Not really considering getting them but now that my T eye is developing I see a lot more around.

-Mat-

Mat...thanks for the compliments! Only trouble is i wish i could convince the wife i need more tropheus colonies! I luv the Muragos as well. I am thinking of getting some more Golden kazumba as well.

I had a pair of Tropheus polli but sold them since i didn't have enough room for them. They are difficult to find in Sydney since not in a lot of demand. The only commonly found tropheus in Sydney are duboisi, moliro, bemba and ikola.

Great to see more tropheus pics! Keep posting guys!

OK Dave settle down I will post mine before Aline puts up the photos of her 56 Varieties :p

T. moorii Nkonde yellow

IPB Image

These are old photos. I havent taken any for a while now.

Matt

There are a colony of polli I know about but thats about it. The fish I have seen are very young, but are a nice fish

Okay here goes - and don't I wish I had 56 varietes woot.gif . These pics are rehashed ones because somebody really needs to come and help me take some decent ones sad.gif . I have spent most of the morning with my wonderful camera - not doing it any justice at all. I also have T. polli,

T. duboisi Kigoma that you will all just have to wait for woot.gif

My Chipimbis (6 years old)

user posted image

The ill fated Nkonde's of which I only have one feisty one left but more are on their way smile.gif

user posted image

My KII's (I need more - anybody dntknw.gif

user posted image

More KII's

user posted image

Sweet sweet cherry Bulu's

user posted image

and again

user posted image

My newbies......T. Lufubu _

NOTE: this is not a pic of mine have borrowed it for display - BTW mine are more spectacular woot.gif

user posted image

maswa breeders

user posted image

Enjoy

Aline

Great to see we are finally starting to cause a stir and tropheus fanatics are coming out of the closet!!!! Come on guys, there must be more of u out their. I would luv to see some pics of Murago wink2.gif ! I can see other fish fanatics are also joining the banwagon which i think is a healthy boost to our amazing forum. I think our Mods should keep these as a sticky thread so that we have an idea of what we all keep here in Oz. But remember, post only pics of tropheus that u actually keep. Keep them coming, we want to have more pics than the other guys! Come on guys, we need more posts from interstate as well! It would be great to see some pics from Bengaboy and Anita Ozfish!!!

Merjo...if u need some help with taking photos of your Lufubu, i will gladly come and take some!!! thumb.gifLOL.gif

No Andrea, i don't think that is the problem, i think she is still sitting next to the tank oggling the awesome Lufubu not wanting to go get the camera and take some pics of them or she is worried the flash will stress her little babies !!! shock.gif

I think U and Aline will make a great team. Aline provides the tropheus and u Andrea provide the rockwork for them to play in!!!!!

G'day Justin,

I have 8 fry that are 2 months old and are going unreal. I also have 4 females that are holding at the moment. I'm not at the stage of selling fry yet though, I want to boost my numbers to about 40. With the 8 little guys I have 33 at the moment.

Keep up the pics guys, and Aline, bring on the Lufubu thumb.gif .

Jamie smile.gif .

O these are a few older , dodgy pics of my babies, i hope they help sway the argument that all people NEED to have some of these beauties at home.

Aline, i must add that your Duboisi are the best I have ever seen.

Kiriza

user posted image

Kiriza

user posted image

Duboisi

user posted image

Kachese

user posted image

Kachese

user posted image

Kachese

user posted image

Chipimbi, now sold

user posted image

Chipimbi

user posted image

Enjoy..... bigsmile.gif

Trofius...luv your kacheses - the cheesy look on the lower chin reminds me of my golden kazumbas! Also r those kiriza or kiriza 2?They are looking great! Did u get them from Anita Ozfish? Do u have any fry because Aline and I r looking for some!!!

wasn't aware there was two types of kiriza,k2,( any noticable differences) and no fry as yet, had them for nearly a year, they are about 5-7cm now so am hopeing for the first batches soon. i got them from a lad in qld, only have 21 none for sale...

yep love the kachese, they have nice yellow up their flanks, and really cool red eye brow strips, wish they would breed , they look like they are but no mouthfull sas yet and easily big enough, 8-13cm, apparently they are good breeders , maybe i am doing somethin wrong

Trofius...check my pics. K1 - ikola/kiriza look very different from K2 - kiriza2 as adults. The main differences being the yellow dorsal fin with the K2 and narrower yellow stripe.

What is your kH? I keep my kH around 16-18 with Seachem Tangyanika buffer. I also do 50% weekly water changes and daily NLS cichlid formula pellet feedings which has dramatically increased the number of mouthfuls!

hth

Dave

Thanks Trofius.

I have sourced those Maswa adults from three different places and have had them for about three years now. I purchase most of my fry stock from Jim and they are colouring up just as well smile.gif . I have bought many adults over the past couple of years and sad to say the colouration and band symmetry has been disappointing.

With little, if any coming out of Maswa itself, we are left with what is in the hobby atm so fingers crossed we can build up quality numbers for Oz.

I too keep a majority of first batch fry to boost colony numbers, introducing supposed new blood whenever I am able dry.gif My chipimbis are again at 55 so I will split this colony into two. I am still sourcing more Polli and KII's so anyone out there - please help woot.gif

The sad thing about T's is that most are keen to obtain them but do not do sufficient homework and my beloved fry meet an untimely demise in most cases.

For those wishing to go this route, let the posts on this thread be your guide and contacts galore can be found here. The following of some simple guidelines, a strict care regime, and a dose of luck will see you well on your way thumb.gif .

Ok, have a few hours before work so I am off to Lufubu land with camera at the ready - who knows what the next 300 blurry shots will reveal LOL.gif

Aline

Archived