Fishroom floorcoverings

Fins

<H1>Fishroom floorcoverings</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: crusty the clown</STRONG><BR><BR>

I have just layed my slab and would like to get the preferences of people with fish rooms so I can allow for levels with the doorway and the like.

<br>

thanx

<br>

Neil

ground concrete epoxy nonslip coated

tiles

rubber mats

polished timber boards

waterproof carpet

<p>

</DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Auscanuckafishy</STRONG><BR><BR>I would go with waterproof carpet tiles. Easily removed if need be, and also will do a fair job of insulating your floor, which will most likely be concrete, and will be VERY cold!

<br>

<br>

We have carpet underlay... it keeps the heat in, but it's not waterproof and is generally a pain. Feels nice on the feet though

. Problem is you have to take it out and dry it when it get's wet...... but it was alllllllllll free, so can't complain too much I suppose.

<br>

<br>

Mark

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: c2105208</STRONG><BR><BR>I'm with Mark, go for a marine carpet, perhaps one designed for boating. Not too expensive, comes in 3-4m wide rolls and doesn't look too bad either! Not as comfortable under bare feet though so you'd still want to wear shoes still for sensitive feet....

<br>

<br>

Tiles would be nice as well.... however it's easy enough to just lay marine carpet in small sections as well and you can still rip it up if required.

<br>

<br>

Cheers,

<br>

Adam

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: danceswithdingoes</STRONG><BR><BR>Italian turf mate

Its gr8t

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Adam Maskew</STRONG><BR><BR>Well I'd disagree with all the people who are saying put down a floor covering. Its a garbage collector for everything that you ever spill or bring in on your feet.

<br>

<br>

I'm definately a non-slip finish on the concrete man. Easy to clean with broom or water, doesn't rot, doesn't get wet and smellie, easy to disinfect.

<br>

<br>

We use a concrete pad somewhere between 100mm and 150mm depending on the size of tanks to be put on it. In your case 100mm would do unless you've got a 30, 000l+ tank hidden somewhere. Concrete offers enough insulation, most of your heat loses will be through the roof followed by the walls.

<br>

<br>

Adam

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: exiledonmainstreet</STRONG><BR><BR>The thick rubber mats that are raised, with holes woven throughout are ideal for floors that have a lot of water being constantly spilled, or the potential for water to be spilled. They keep the floor warm, make it easy to keep it from being water-logged, and cleaning is simple. Good luck.

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: Anita ozfish</STRONG><BR><BR>Yep, I'm with Exiled.

I have raised rubber runners and mats on my floor - concrete slab underneath. All the dirt and water falls through so it isn't slippery and when I want to clean the floor, I just drag them outside, hose them down and sweep the floor - simple

<br>

"

Ich hab nichts gefragt aber bekom automatisch eine Antwort

"

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: phatoscarlover</STRONG><BR><BR>yeah id go with exiled and anita! The mats are like the mats they use in pubs and clubs behind the bars because there easy to clean and easy to move.

Andy

</DIV><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: eedward</STRONG><BR><BR>you can get those mats @ clark rubber just incase anyone was wondering

</DIV>

Archived