Camera choice

Citypainter

I have an old Kodak 3.1 megapixel easyshare camera Model CX6330.

I am thinking of updating and I really don't know anything about macros and zoom and shutter speed and so on. However I see some pics taken on this forum of pretty intricate subjects and I would like to be able to do that.

I would like to be able to take close up pics of my work and use the same camera for my hobby.

I have a budget of about $1000.00 and would like some advice of what to buy and even where to buy it.

Thanks in advance

I have got the Kodak DX6490 and I couldn't recommend it more highly.

It has great features, 4mp, 10x zoom(which I think is essential) and great macro.

You can buy them for under $500, but if you're going along those lines, I would buy the same camera but in the 5mp. I think it is called DX7590?? dntknw.gif

It has a few more enhanced features also, for around $700.

It'll be the only camera I have until I get permission to buy a Canon 1D wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif I wish!!

Oh for a digital SLR. cryblow.gif

I have a cannon G4. I think the current model is the G5. It does everything I need it to

Remember that a good camera doesn't guarantee a good picture

I have got the Kodak DX6490 and I couldn't recommend it more highly.

It has great features, 4mp, 10x zoom(which I think is essential) and great macro.

You can buy them for under $500, but if you're going along those lines, I would buy the same camera but in the 5mp. I think it is called DX7590?? dntknw.gif

It has a few more enhanced features also, for around $700.

It'll be the only camera I have until I get permission to buy a Canon 1D wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  I wish!!

Oh for a digital SLR. cryblow.gif

I dislike the kodaks because of the lengthy time it take to process the photos.

IT takes about 8 seconds to be able to take another shot.

Also the long distance photos dont seem to be too sharp.

I have a cannon G4. I think the current model is the G5. It does everything I need it to

Remember that a good camera doesn't guarantee a good picture

The current Canon G series is the G6 (a 7MP camera and under $1,000). A top notch camera and one I would recommend to suit your budget. You can add lenses to these via the adpator. I use the very old school now Canon G2.... it still takes some great pics, but I'm about to buy the new Canon EOS350D 8MP digital SLR.... drool! smile.gif Always wanted a Digi SLR and this has had some awesome reviews!

Oh - and try and learn to use the cameras manual functions for even better pics than using the auto settings! Play with teh focus distance, aperture, shutter speed etc.

Happy shopping!

steve

I just bought a Canon Digital SLR 350D. It is an awesome camera.

BUT HERE IS MY WARNING!!!!!!

Don't buy it unless u have a lot of self control because u have so many lens/flash options available that u will end up spending heaps. A good macro lens cost around $800. And if u want a "L" lens it will cost you $2000 or more!!!!

Sab....i would recommend u buy the body only and invest in a good pair of lens.

Dave

Archived