Fitting latex backgrounds

nw1411

You are meant to place the tank on its side so the back panel is on the ground.

Put silicon all over and then place the latex background on making sure it fits nice and tight.

Then stack bricks on it to secure and hold it in place.

I was told this after i siliconed mine, so some water gets in the back and so does some fry.

HTH

i didnt silicone mine , i just trimmed mine about 1 inch too big all round and it holds itself in place ok , i also dont know if silicone would work all that well on mine , its the 4x2x2 one and hardly any of it touches the back cos of all the caves and overhangs

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif My 4x2x2 sealed in the best because of the tank..

On my 4x2x2 there is a glass edge that runs all around the tank that allows the background to fit in snug. My 4x18x18 doesnt have the same edge so it was heaps harder to get the secure fit. it fits up fine but fish do manage to get in there from time to time.. I like to call it the crawl space. raisehand.gif

It was impossible to make the background watertight on my my 4x2x2.

we spent ages putting silicone around the edges, trying to seal it up, then realised that there are small pin-sized holes all over the background.

Water just flows from theback to the front of the tank through these holes.

They arent very visible, only when the tank was empty did we notice, and only form a certain angle when the light was shining through the holes.

Archived