Import list

Nigel

Any one interested I have had some mail from The Department of Enviroment and Heritage. They have rejected Cichlasoma species from being added to the import list they say the risk to the Enviroment is unacceptable. They told me no decision has been made on the other 9 species yet. So keep your fingers crossed for Frontosa.

these are the other nine

Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki

Botia lohachata

Luciosoma spilopleura

Sawbwa resplendens

Cyphotilapia frontosa

Glossolepis incisus

Hypancistrus zebra

Dekeyseria pulcher

Panaque nigrolineatus

Favourable

Sawbwa resplendens *Under permit arangement*

Cyphotilapia frontosa *Kept under permit*

Glossolepis incisus

Not recommended

Botia lohachata

Cichlasoma sp *Blood Parrot*

Hypancistrus zebra

Dekeyseria pulcher

Panaque nigrolineatus

Luciosoma spilopleura

Not recommended

Botia lohachata

Cichlasoma sp *Blood Parrot*

Hypancistrus zebra

Dekeyseria pulcher

Panaque nigrolineatus

Luciosoma spilopleura

Not that i want or like them but....I always thought the Cichlasoma "Blood Parrot" was a sterile hybrid (similar to a mule) if this is right, what enviromental risk could it pose if it cant reproduce?

Alex

Not that i want or like them but....I always thought the Cichlasoma "Blood Parrot" was a sterile hybrid (similar to a mule) if this is right, what enviromental risk could it pose if it cant reproduce?

In the report it states that some have been known to reproduce, but it was mainly rejected because of concerns that some importers will try to bring in other Cichlasomas that are not wanted here.

I have some more mail from Enviroment and Heritage. They say it will be at least 6 months may be longer before the other 9 species will either be rejected or allowed.

They would also like some help to up date the Import List with species classification name changes. So anyone that can help me to do this I would appreciate. The one I can think of is Cyathopharnx furcifer some are now called Cyathopharnx foai. So if anyone can think of others please let me know.

Archived